Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: AbstractPersona's primal life! page 2

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I found a cheese with blueberries in it (some ungodly $ amount per pound) and The Boyfriend looked at me like I was from Mars.

Turns out it wasn't even that great, so maybe he was right.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

abstractpersona is offline Senior Member
    Hahaha! Can't blame you for trying it, it does sound intriguing! *thinks of Swiss cheese holes filled with pretty blueberries*
    It would probably be better with juicy dark purple grapes (wine and cheese! ... get it? get it?)
    Last edited by abstractpersona; 06-12-2011 at 02:47 PM.
    My smartphone makes me about $100 per month
    Updating my journal again after a 2 year break.

Monday, June 13th
    ♪ Happy Birthday
    to you, On this dear date,
    Best wishes to you, Many years of life.
    ♪♫
    Today we feast, Our souls sing,
    For dear June... A big round of applause!

— Happy Birthday theme in Portuguese, poorly translated to English. Sung in the same melody as english.

Hurray, I'm 24 today. I've been looking forward to today so I could have my Shrimp Curry!, and, get a day-pass at YMCA so I can swim!, and, eat the almond butter cocoa truffles I've been religiously keeping!, and go for a hike!

But instead I'm here coughing my lungs out, with pain when I swallow, with a sore throat. I've had it for a few days, but couldn't figure out why I'd have a sore throat in the middle of June when I never, ever, ever, ever, ever get sick. I'm one of those people who could walk into a plagued town, hug and console everyone, then come back alive.

Then I realize it could be because of methimazole. Fuck you methimazole. Fuck you for ruining my birthday, specially when I don't need to keep taking you anymore. I can't even speak so I can't say thank you to those who call me to wish me a happy birthday. Blah! My thyroid hormone levels are already much below range (hello Hypo), on the lab range, and on every range I find online. My mentally challenged (or sneakily evil) "Doctor" wants me to keep taking 40mg of you a day despite this, so I'm taking 5mg daily out of sheer courtesy to her crappy university graduation certificate on the wall.

But fuck you. I don't want dangerously low white cell count because of you, I don't want to get sick then have to stay at ER for days because of you. I'm done with you.
    I'm going to stay home, away from people who might be sick, and wait for my body to make some nice, new, strong white blood cells. And keep my eye on my temperature just to make sure I don't get a fever.

Anyway, nice thoughts, nice thoughts:

• My cat snuggled in bed with me last night. I slept with my wrist and hand over her, as if it were a cat sleeping over her. She loves that.
    • Like a spoiled 23 (oops, 24!) year-old, I decided to stay up until midnight for my birthday, so I could eat my birthday goodies. I had strawberry jell-o, the truffles, and then I was done. I'm glad I did, because today I can't swallow. Haha!
    • Later today, I should get a nice framed photo of my niece, that I've wanted for so long!
    • I'll probably still make the shrimp curry, even if I just take 2 bites of it :P

B: blackberries and orange fruit salad.
    L: a small snack: chicken thigh, lettuce mix, parmesan cheese, caesar dressing. Was keeping half a bottle of Ocean Spray Strawberry-Kiwi for my birthday, and I ended up making it much tastier by adding 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk to it, and shaking like crazy. Wow. Too bad they don't sell it like that.
    D: shrimp curry with more strawberry-kiwi coconut shake. High carb day, well, still not into dangerous range at all.
    Snacks: 5 almond butter cocoa truffles, 1 cup sugar-free strawberry jell-o (can't find it on fitday).
    Ingredient breakdown at FitDay.

Exercise: Might do some jump rope, some arm weights, and probably... nap, then nap some more. Difficult to breathe deep without coughing up stuff.
    Sunlight: Nil. It's a foggy, rainy(?) day.
    Last edited by abstractpersona; 07-07-2014 at 12:49 PM.

CoachSandee is offline Member
    Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day and enjoy yourself

Thanks Sandee :-)

Tuesday, June 14th
    B: apple.
    L: improvised potato and spinach soup.
    D: nothing
    Snacks: feeling totally pooped and kind of sad, bought an oatmeal raisin cookie. Was it good? Not really. Did I still eat it? Yes.
    No, I don't get it either.

I think all that coconut milk yesterday is making my throat feel better. Still have sneeze attacks, and still have no voice, and it still hurts when I swallow, but atleast coughing doesn't hurt so much anymore.

Exercise: Cleaning up the place since I haven't cared much lately. Does that count? Might go for a walk.
    Sunlight: None, cloudy day. Buying some Vit D supplements as soon as I can.

Wednesday, June 15th
    All day fast. I tried to eat, but I couldn't keep anything down. What a waste of precious veggies, blackberries (!!) and apples.

Exercise: basically tried to sleep all day.
    Sunlight: got 1 hour & a half morning/east exposure.
    Last edited by abstractpersona; 06-16-2011 at 11:41 AM.

I'm surprisingly energetic and awake, considering I didn't eat yesterday, and that I had trouble sleeping (had to sleep on my back with 3 pillows, if I turned to my side, I'd get sick. Grr.)
    Still have no voice, but my throat doesn't hurt, and I'm not coughing as much.

Thursday, June 16th
    B: small bowl of white rice.
    L: beef cooked with butter, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper, broiled buttery carrots.
    D: same as lunch
    Snacks: latenight tv watching (damn you awesome korean dramas!), a bowl of cheerios :/

Exercise: exercise bike slow pace, 30 minutes. 1 hour walk, slow pace.
    Sunlight: 1 hour in the morning, leg and arm exposure. 1 hour around noon, nice and sunny! leg and arm exposure.
    Last edited by abstractpersona; 06-17-2011 at 11:00 AM.

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Yikes! I'm glad you're feeling better, that sounds like a rotten birthday.
    BTW, I'm intrigued by the "broiled, buttery carrots", those sound delicious!
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Oh, otter, the carrots were simple... poured melted butter over them, rolled them around, stuck them in the broiler for 10 minutes, ha! Carrots are so sweet, they don't need much to make them delicious, do they?

Friday, June 17th
    Grrrrr! Need primal snacks in the house, so I stop attacking the boyfriend's grain stash. Whenever I eat grains, I get (diseased looking!) ring blisters on my hands, dandruff, and a... sore(?) stomach. Not sure how to explain, feels like someone is pinching or squeezing my stomach tight.

B: was busy, didn't get around to it.
    L: beef, fried egg, mushrooms, pecans, spinach. Is this what they call the good life, or what?!
    D:
    Snacks:

Exercise:
    Sunlight:

Changes: When I look in the mirror I can see my collar bones. My shoulders have definition.
    Random thought: Don't think I have a sore throat anymore... shouldn't my voice be coming back O_o ? Hello? Helllooo? Can you hear me?
    Last edited by abstractpersona; 06-17-2011 at 12:15 PM.

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    Yum, I'm totally trying the carrots recipe.
    That's great you're seeing visible changes already!!

Ginger Cats Rule! Pics, please =)
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Here is my lioness, shown during some of her favorite daily activities:

What a fuzzy.

The weekly FitDay stats:

Meh.
    Last edited by abstractpersona; 06-20-2011 at 12:46 PM.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast