Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Flax seeds useless? page 4

Liniflax2010 is offline Junior Member

Flaxseed is helpfull but you have to take it when its milled for it to work

Shop Now
    I read your post and I have to say, Flaxseed is actually a super food it has over 30 health benefits, I have been working with flaxseed products for over 7 years and I have in first hand seen and heard of all the people who have benefit from it.
    The nutrients in flaxseed come from the solid particles from the seed but itís not good to eat it whole, so there for it milled into a powder and then you can drink it in a shake with fruits, mix it with a juice or add it to other food or bake with it.

it is also blended with fruit fibers from stuff like Pineapple, apples, Nopal cactus, Noni and even artichoke and it works even better, if you need to drop weight, lower cholesterol, regulate your sugars levels or triglycerides, have bad digestion, arthritis or inflammation of the joints or just want to boost your immune system, flaxseed is the answer.

If you want to try it out you can find it here already milled and blended with friuts ready to take

Linaza Adelgazante | Productos Naturales

or look up Linoflax in Amazon for it.

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by tom05 View Post
    ok so thinking i was being very smart and primal i bought a half kilo of flax seeds from my local market today. Sad thing is when i got home and opened up the MDA forums to read up some more about them i realised that they arent actually recommended by a lot of people here.

So should i feed them to the birds or is there benefits to be derived from small amounts of flax seed?

thanks!

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Above post has monied interest all over it.

Take it with a grain of salt.

Omni is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyStimpson View Post
    It true that there is no known feedback mechanism is this case. It's just that I hate to see everyone comming down on flaxseed when I have personally experienced significant benefit from it.
    Try google, first hit:
    Can adults adequately convert alpha-lin... [Int J Vitam Nutr Res. 1998] - PubMed - NCBI
    Abstract

A diet including 2-3 portions of fatty fish per week, which corresponds to the intake of 1.25 g EPA (20:5n-3) + DHA (22:6n-3) per day, has been officially recommended on the basis of epidemiological findings showing a beneficial role of these n-3 long-chain PUFA in the prevention of cardiovascular and inflammatory diseases. The parent fatty acid ALA (18:3n-3), found in vegetable oils such as flaxseed or rapeseed oil, is used by the human organism partly as a source of energy, partly as a precursor of the metabolites, but the degree of conversion appears to be unreliable and restricted. More specifically, most studies in humans have shown that whereas a certain, though restricted, conversion of high doses of ALA to EPA occurs, conversion to DHA is severely restricted. The use of ALA labelled with radioisotopes suggested that with a background diet high in saturated fat conversion to long-chain metabolites is approximately 6% for EPA and 3.8% for DHA. With a diet rich in n-6 PUFA, conversion is reduced by 40 to 50%. It is thus reasonable to observe an n-6/n-3 PUFA ratio not exceeding 4-6. Restricted conversion to DHA may be critical since evidence has been increasing that this long-chain metabolite has an autonomous function, e.g. in the brain, retina and spermatozoa where it is the most prominent fatty acid. In neonates deficiency is associated with visual impairment, abnormalities in the electroretinogram and delayed cognitive development. In adults the potential role of DHA in neurological function still needs to be investigated in depth. Regarding cardiovascular risk factors DHA has been shown to reduce triglyceride concentrations. These findings indicate that future attention will have to focus on the adequate provision of DHA which can reliably be achieved only with the supply of the preformed long-chain metabolite.

biko is offline Senior Member
    I used to put (too much I guess) into my grain free hot 'cereal', but I suspect they give me slight palpitations.
    Now, till I run out, I use them for texture when baking, just a little though.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234