Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Veggies? page

lcme is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Sorry for the ignorance here but why are so many people here cutting them out completely? It seems that there has been a major shift here in the last few months with more people eating meat only.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

So glad you asked..

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Del Mar Mel Guest

I&#39;m certain Mark hasn&#39;t cut out the veggies but it seems like a lot of people are pursuing a "Carnivore" diet which I assume is all meat. I happen to believe that the fruits and veggies are just as important and should not be cut. Fruit could be moderated if there is a need to lower sugar. As Mark says in the book, animal products are acidifying and plant foods are alkalizing. You really need the balance to have proper PH and get all of the nutrients that you need. I know that I naturally prefer to eat my protein on top of a huge salad so I can&#39;t imagine cutting that out.

Osa007 Guest

I try to stick with herbs & simple greens that I can/could still go out and pick in meadows & forests...plenty to chose from..I enjoy japanese sweet potatoes, beets & chestnuts & try to use lots of herbs & greens like cilantro & watercress...especially herbs are nutritionally dense & have digestive properties that are positive...I am wary of modern day veggies as most folks can be wary of moder fruits - they are so far from what would be found in nature. But, I think people feel better & realize they do not need the veggies....I&#39;ll be interested in the folks here going all carnivore - why not, there are vegetarians..and frankly I think you could be healthier as a total carnivore than a total vegetarian....

Osa007 Guest

By the way, I didn&#39;t mean I forage japanese sweet potatoes...! But, burdock, salisfy, dandelion, lamb&#39;s quarter, jerusalem artichoke, watercress, green onion shoots, mountain oregano, mint, wild ginger...it goes on & on...that&#39;s here in NorthernNM at the base of the Rockies....

dixonge is offline Junior Member

re: carnivore - been there, done that. Here&#39;s the problem with that from a primal perspective: we&#39;re not carnivorous! Between our teeth and our digestive tracts, we are firmly omnivorous. Here&#39;s a good quick reference:

http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives...2412.Ot.r.html

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

Carnivorism is hardly any better than vegetarianism, I think. Both are too extreme.

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

maba is offline Senior Member

While carnivorism seems attractive (faster weight loss, low insulin spike etc.), it&#39;s not for me. I love the variety veggies add to my diet. I might consider it a few years down the road, but for now, I&#39;m happy with my Primal diet and BAS.

Osa007 Guest

someone posted a link to carnivorehealth in some other post...worth looking at

BlazeKING is offline Senior Member

I am not carnivore at the moment since I am at my &#39;rents place for thanksgiving and don&#39;t want to impose...BUT

I have found that eating only meat and fat has reduced my body inflammation enormously, even more than just being primal, as well as provided mental and physical health benefits, especially with red meat but also deer meat, buffalo, squirrel etc. Before venturing into something like this you should be okay with producing ketones and being in ketosis. It&#39;s not easy at first since we&#39;ve been so long using carbs for energy.

Damn near every carbohydrate gives me a flare up of inflammation on my face with dry skin and redness. I must be allergic to everything there is that contains sugar.

The fact of the matter is, most people should not be strictly carnivore. People whose ancestry goes back to around the equator should eat many carbs..but my peoples were northern european and they ate meat. If you live in a temperate climate, just go outside into the woods. Show me all the berries and fruits and vegetables and grains lying around if you can...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast