Thread: It's my first Day! page

Jimilu is offline Junior Member

It's my first Day!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi Everyone!
    I was not aware but three weeks ago i was almost following the primal diet. My wife and i, are trying to get in better, she is doing chalean from beachbody, and i am doing p90x, i have been doing exercise all year, first i did Insanity, then p90x, and it's my second round.
    My wife an i weren't' persuaded by the p90x diet guide, we read four hour body a month ago, and i wasn't' stilled persuade, it strike me as odd that he doesn't recommend any fruit, and yesterday, but i followed his diet, no bread, pastas, rice, etc. And two days i bought this book, and it makes a lot of sense.
    I am 38, i have lost like 20 pounds this year, with currently 89 kg and 18% of body fat, currently 78 kg. I am looking forward to learn a lot from this forum and contribute with something. I love to cook (took courses, unfortunately, one of them was paellas), i am a home brewer, and have three kids!

Angel_102 is offline Member
    welcome
    Starting Date: 21st May 2011
    Starting Weight: 194lbs
    Current Weight: 178lbs
    Goal Weight: 126lbs

rocknroll is offline Senior Member
    Welcome fellow home brewer!
    "Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." - Mark Twain

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! Good luck with Primal.

So, make paella for special occasions. Mostly it is great. White rice is not evil, you just need to avoid it on a day-to-day basis, especially to start. If you need extra carbs because of your workouts, go for it.

Beer, sadly, should be avoided on Primal, or consumed once in a while. But remember, you don't have to do Primal perfectly. A few brews a week isn't going to kill you.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

rocknroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist View Post

Beer, sadly, should be avoided on Primal, or consumed once in a while. But remember, you don't have to do Primal perfectly. A few brews a week isn't going to kill you.
    I second this. I went from two beers per night to two beers per week and have still had good results with weight loss. But it's not the same for everyone.
    "Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." - Mark Twain

Jimilu is offline Junior Member
    I only drink a two or three of beers during weekends, and my beer inventory is growing on a alarming rate.