Thread: Picking myself up and dusting myself off page

Dolly is offline Junior Member

Talking Picking myself up and dusting myself off

Primal Fuel
    Hello All,
    I started doing PB in Novemeber of last year and lost about 10lbs immediately. Then for some reason my weight loss just totally stalled out and I have basically been at that point ever since. For a while I gave up on PB (although I never brought grains back in my life) but it really bothers me that I didn't succeed on this way of eating (I have about 100-150 pounds to lose). I so believe in this way of living. It just makes so much sense. My heart and soul are really into this- so after a long, hard think I have decided to try, try again!

So here I am back again. This time I am going to focus more on weight lifting instead of cardio. I want to use the "your body as a gym approach" so if you have any advice/ideas please let me know. Also, I do believe that maybe my portion sizes were too large last time so I will be tracking things more carefully now. I don't like to track calories (because I come from a long line of anorexics who taught me to obsess over numbers) but if it comes down to that I will.

I am so glad there is a place like this to come to in order to give and get support! Good health everyone and thanks for being here!!!!

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Welcome back! I don't do any 'cardio', just bodyweight exercises, dumbbells, a bit of walking every day, and recumbent biking for 20 min. while I watch tv at night. My weight loss has been slow and steady and I don't have to get all sweaty

Keep reporting in, we're here to support you
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Dolly is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks Belinda!!! What you shared really helps!! And, I wouldn't say your weight loss is slow at all. I would be so happy with that pace. Thanks again!