Thread: Beach Hikes w/ a Weight Vest page

GUN5LING3R is offline Senior Member

Beach Hikes w/ a Weight Vest

Primal Fuel
    Anyone else hike in the soft sand with a weight vest? I love it and it has become one of my favorite workouts. I use a 50 lb. vmax vest and just put my Ipod on and take off. I usually do 3 miles. I feel it everywhere, legs, glutes, core, traps... awesome. Great people watching on the bech too. Anyway, just wanted to share. Peace out.

oh, also love to throw in some pushups, lunges, body squats along the way!

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    Awesome! When I can get to the coast I do sand dune hill sprints. I am very jealous of you living so near the beach.

racingsnake is offline Senior Member
    Just checked those vmax vests out - are you sure people aren't looking because they think you're a suicide bomber?
    Seriously though, I reckon climbing the steep 200-yard hill behind my house in one of those would be a pretty hefty workout - might look into getting one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by racingsnake View Post
    Just checked those vmax vests out - are you sure people aren't looking because they think you're a suicide bomber?
    Seriously though, I reckon climbing the steep 200-yard hill behind my house in one of those would be a pretty hefty workout - might look into getting one of those.
    They do look at me funny! I can't figure out if they are saying "Hey! Look at that badass dude hiking in the sand with a weight vest!" or "Hey, look at that weirdo with bombs strapped to his chest!" I have had a few people stop me and ask about the vest though. LOL!

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Palfrey View Post
    Awesome! When I can get to the coast I do sand dune hill sprints. I am very jealous of you living so near the beach.
    Wish we had sand dunes here in Florida but it is nice living on the coast! It is next to impossible to find ANY hills to sprint here, LOL. Unless you can brave the Landfill! =(