Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Model, ready to get back into it. page

TheSpartanWoman is offline Junior Member

Wink Model, ready to get back into it.

Shop Now
    Hey all! TheSpartanWoman here!

A few years ago I lost about 50 lbs using more "conventional" methods, moved to my dream city (San Diego) with my dream man, and started in on my dream job: professional musician! I also started modeling! (yes, that's me in my avatar)

After some life-upsets, illnesses, and just plain eating wrong, I've gained over 20 lbs back, and I'm having to turning down modeling gigs. My body isn't recovering as quickly as I feel it would be able to if I was healthier, and my throat and allergies were going crazy with my diet (wheat wheat wheat! Yuck!)

I have fantastic things in the works (music videos, photoshoots, tour, etc) and I want to be able to give my best me to the audience (and to God and to myself). After a bit of working with eating Primal, I'm ready to step it up and give it my all. ]

Almost no working out yet as I recover, but here's what's been going on so far, just *eating* primal:
    • Allergies: lessening
    • Head fog: clearing
    • ADHD: focused and manageable
    • Energy: Up! But still focused, and not as frenetic
    • Hypoglycemia: GONE!
    • Anemia: Mostly gone (still need to take my vitamins, but not as many iron supplements)
    • Acid Reflux: Improving (I have a hiatal hernia, so there's only so much I can do)

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Welcome aboard. Sounds like you're on track, keep it up and you'll reach your goals in no time

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Welcome. Work in a walk around the block one a day and you'll be off to a great start
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

secretlobster is offline Senior Member
    Welcome. What instrument do you play?

davem is offline Senior Member
    Welcome.

rocknroll is offline Senior Member
    Good job. My acid reflux disappeared within three days of eating primal, and only returns when I eat something I know I shouldn't.
    "Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." - Mark Twain

davem is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknroll View Post
    Good job. My acid reflux disappeared within three days of eating primal, and only returns when I eat something I know I shouldn't.
    Same here as well, was bad, now is a memory.

Quote Originally Posted by belinda View Post
    Welcome. Work in a walk around the block one a day and you'll be off to a great start
    Thanks! That's definitely the next step.

I had some kidney issues, and once I was well enough, I went on a hike up a local mountain. With the new diet I got up that mountain faster and stronger than I EVER had, and I was coming off of NO exercise! (and that's comparing to when I was doing Crossfit and P90X!) So I decided to run down! It was fantastic!! ....until I tripped and came crashing down on my knees. =( It was last Wednesday. I messed up my tendons and couldn't get up from sitting position for a couple of days. A LOT better now, and I'm able to walk, although every so often, my left knee will just go limp and not support me, but that hasn't happened since yesterday.

I'll probably post something a bit later in a different forum, but my ankles pronate (causing me to effectively have flat feet), so I end up having some trouble walking and running, because I tighten my feet and calves too much when I walk. So, while I love being barefoot I'm worried about what to do with the whole pronation thing. =/

Quote Originally Posted by secretlobster View Post
    Welcome. What instrument do you play?
    I sing and play keyboards/piano. My husband plays guitar (and a lot of other instruments) and is a pro composer (films, video games, etc). We also do sound effects and voice overs and all that awesomeness. ^_^

This is my band, if anyone's interested: S.I.G.M.A. Project

Nion is offline Senior Member
    Do you have a modelmayhem? Curious to see your stuff.
    I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast