Thread: New fish here. page

davem is offline Senior Member

New fish here.

Shop Now
    Hey. So I figured I'd sign up for the forum because I can't sleep.

Been reading the Primal Blueprint ever since a bad bout of foodborne illness had me off food for about two weeks. After being able to eat again I found I had "become" (I probably always was) to my favorite foods - bread, pasta, rice, and the beat goes on.

Friend of mine has been following the primal nutrition concepts and has easily shed about 10# and maintained it. Got me thinking, I could stand to lose at least 50, so why not?

Been slowly cutting out all grains for the last month or so. Broke down and had pasta two nights ago, the day after was one of the worst feeling days I've had in a long time - I think I need to pay attention to that. It's tough because at one point I was a chef, trained in the french traditions... everything has wheat, everything!

I'm a game developer, live a fairly sedentary life, but I need to get into shape, I'm almost 32, getting back into hunting, and I want to surf. Can't do that easily when you're shaped like a walrus, right? Well, this walrus can swim... when his shoulder isn't sore.

So this is all part of a plan on recapturing the person I was, and becoming a better person in the future. With that, I'll get back to regularly scheduled programming.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! Good luck with primal.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Thanks, if nothing else, I'm feeling better from just eating cleaner. Even lost a pound or two so far which is nice, and with my working out again everything is kinda popping back, under the winter insulation of course.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    It definitely gets easier after the first 2 or 3 weeks, especially if you stick with it and don't "cheat". Cheating just prolongs the carb flu crap.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Tell me about it, I caved and had some spaghetti a couple days ago... oh man, not again. I don't ever want to feel like that again. Food is good, but it's just not worth feeling bad for an entire day over.