Thread: Veins more visible page

Mick812 is offline Member

Veins more visible

Primal Fuel
    I've noticed in only about 10 weeks of eating pretty strictly primal, keeping my carbs under 50g and sugars under about 20g that all the veins in my arms are popping out. I have also been lifting 4 days a week. I have lost a significant amount of weight (over 50 pounds) and have really leaned out.

Just wanted to make sure this isn't a bad thing because some people say I'm too skinny now but I'm lifting and eating plent of fat and protein and know my body best.
    So is this just a sign of becoming more lean?

peril is offline Senior Member
    It is a sign of lower body fat. Any hassling you're copping over this is born in ignorance
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

I figured it could only be a good thing. I think the too skinny comments come because I lost so much weight in a short period of time. I'm at a comfortable weight now at 6'1, about 180 with still some stubborn belly fat to lose. Just going to continue to eat plenty of fat and protein, lift weights, a little cardio and let the rest take care of itself.

rayout is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick812 View Post
    I figured it could only be a good thing. I think the too skinny comments come because I lost so much weight in a short period of time. I'm at a comfortable weight now at 6'1, about 180 with still some stubborn belly fat to lose. Just going to continue to eat plenty of fat and protein, lift weights, a little cardio and let the rest take care of itself.
    I'm noticing veins and *gasp* muscle. Pretty awesome stuff.

I'm starting to notice skinny-fatness in people now where I thought was "normal". Lots of roundness with no muscle to back it up. Where's the beef?

Yeah, I'm seeing muscles I've never saw before. The body is an amazing thing when you feed it the right fuel.

Roary is offline Senior Member
    I notice veins on my calfs after sprinting but they fade by the time I'm done stretching. It's all that blood pumping!

davem is offline Senior Member
    I've got crazy veins popping out of my feet of all places, and after a good swim the veins in my hands are pretty raised.

Can't weight for the veins in my arms to do it, figure that should happen in about 30#