Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Naked Juice page

mtjoydave Guest

Shop Now

I just discovered Primal Living. What are the thoughts on Naked Juice? Label says 100% fruit. Does this fit in?

maba is offline Senior Member

If you have to eat fruit, eat the whole thing, w/ the fibre and all. Juice is mostly fructose, best to avoid it.

MariaNYC is offline Senior Member

Um, yeah, these "no sugar added" beverages contain an average of 45g of sugar per bottle. As maba said, eat a piece of fruit if you must have your fruit fix.

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

mtjoydave Guest

Thanks for the insight. Even thought the naked juice has all of the fruits blended as opposed to squeezed and therefore have the same fiber an nutritional content as the actual fruit?

mt, what makes you say the fruits are blended and not squeezed? The one I am looking at (Power-C Machine) contains apple juice, mango puree, orange juice, some other purees, natural flavor, etc.

As has been said here many time, you make the choice of what to consume based on your personal goals (optimum health, weight loss, muscle gain, etc). This includes things you may not be willing to compromise on, in your case it may very well be Naked JUICE. You referred to primal living, though, to which I would say no, Naked does not fit into that. It would make more sense, primally, if you took the fruit and pureed them yourself.

I'm also guessing that a lot of nutritional content still gets lost in the processing and preservation processes (produce starts degrading as soon as it is harvested, sometimes sooner), but am not knowledgeable about the specifics.

In case I was being too harsh, here is a more reasonable approach. In that Power-C variety, the fruit inside are:

5 strawberries

1 1/3 guavas

1 1/2 apples

1 orange

1/2 peach

1/2 mango

That is a substantial amount of fruit, by anyone's standards. I would guess a person can easily drink the entire bottle (~15oz) in one sitting. While it is also possible to eat all of the above whole fruits, I think it would be much, much harder to do, if only because the volume is much greater. In both cases, I don't think anyone should be consuming this much sugar (fructose, glucose) in one day.

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

I would have to agree with Maria. It's much easier to limit yourself to 1 fruit a day when you eat the whole thing instead of trying to count sips from the bottle to figure out the right limit.

I say too much sugar in one shot. Eat the real thing and drink some water

PrimalK is offline Junior Member

Absolutely. We have something called Innocent Smoothies here in the UK and I could easily OD on that than eat a piece of fruit!

Mark Sisson is offline Administrator

You guys have already answered this one quite well but here's my take anyway:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/whats...-with-juicing/

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Recent story in the LAT very negative on juices:

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-sci-juice8-2009nov08,0,1821402.story

You will find most, if not almost most of us here don't drink juice. You might as well drink Kool-Aid and pop a few supplements.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast