Thread: Carpal Tunnel -- cramping my style big time! page

Stephanie A. is offline Member

Question Carpal Tunnel -- cramping my style big time!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My carpal tunnel is severely aggravated from pull-ups and push-ups. This is really cramping my style.

I have not done any in over a week and still need to be wearing the splints.

Any suggestions for upper body work that will not aggravate the carpal tunnel? So frustrating!

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I have carpal tunnel and haven't had any major flare ups since going primal. Upper body work will aggravate carpal tunnel just because you have to use your wrists. If you aren't taking a good B complex vitamin, get one. B vitamins help with circulation. Also, go to youtube and do a search for carpal tunnel exercises. I've had carpal tunnel for since I was 17 and am now 35. If you do what I said, you should see some definite improvements.
    Georgette

AndreaReina is offline Senior Member
    Here's a fascinating site on managing all sorts of pain. The "advanced tutorials" are for pay, but there's a lot of good free content on there aside from the two I'm linking. He makes the interesting argument that the majority of the symptoms that accompany carpal tunnel syndrome are actually muscular in nature and thus can be treated with (self) massage.

Therapy for Wrist Pain
    Repetitive Strain Injuries

Hope that helps, I know how annoying it is to have your wrist stop you from doing what you want to: I have a ganglion cyst in my right wrist ("bible bump"), it's still there but going Primal has severely lessened its tendency to fill up.

sususanne is offline Junior Member
    Acupuncture is a very safe and fast way of getting rid of carpaltunnel syndrome. I really recommend you try it out.

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Work on grip strength and forearm strength.

Stephanie A. is offline Member
    Sususanne - have you successfully treated carpal tunnel with accupuncture? I have used accupuncture for other conditions with success.