Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's everyones fasting blood sugar? page

mwok86 is offline Senior Member

What's everyones fasting blood sugar?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I guess 2-3 hours would be considered a fast. Mines 88.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Real blood work recommends 8 hours as a fast. 2-3 hours isn't long enough. It takes longer than that to get a potato out of your system. Using my buddy's blood glucose monitor, I was at 79. I had actual blood work done last Wednesday, so I'm waiting on my labs to see my score with a real test.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Farfalla is online now Senior Member

Last time I checked it was like 69 or 70.
    Pax, Lux

geostump is online now Senior Member
    8+ hours is considered a fasted blood glucose test. I have about 3 glucometers at home and they all register mine at around 110. I'm insulin resistant so that makes sense. It's also been 3 months since I have last tested.
    Georgette

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Haven't tested in a while but my morning fasting glucose (~10 hours fasted I guess) was routinely in the 90s, rarely in the 80s and once or twice was in the low 100s. Post-prandial was also in the 90s or 80s (rarely 70s). Pretty flat, which I guess is a good thing. I've tested while eating both high and low carb and didn't see any difference.

Bissen is offline Senior Member
    I've only tested once, but it was around 40... that was pre-paleo though!
    BUT, I'm gonna borrow my grandmother's glucometer (it was for my granddad, but he passed away and she still has the apparatus), so I'm gonna test my glucose throughout the day!

SugarBaby is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday 88, this morning 95. I check my bg most mornings.
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

SugarBaby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bissen View Post
    I've only tested once, but it was around 40... that was pre-paleo though!
    BUT, I'm gonna borrow my grandmother's glucometer (it was for my granddad, but he passed away and she still has the apparatus), so I'm gonna test my glucose throughout the day!
    Below 40 is not good.
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

Fairychilde is offline Senior Member
    Mine is usually between 70-90. I test with my DHs glucometer once in awhile just out of curiousity. I have found that it is higher on mornings when I have wild rice, sweet potato, or a fruit/ primal friendly dessert the night before.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast