Thread: How does my diet look so far... page

TonyaW is offline Junior Member

How does my diet look so far...

I cut out grains about 5 days ago. I wanted to see what you all thought of my diet. I want to lose about 20-30 pounds. I eat almost all organic foods and grass fed or pastured animal foods. I am still consuming coffee, it is my indulgence and I need something to get through this fatigue! I would say I am consuming berries as my main fruit source after meals or as part of a snack and about 1 banana per day. Also I know it isnít primal, but I consume 1-2 tbs of peanut butter everyday.

Breakfast is one of the following:
    Nuts, 1-2 boiled eggs, berries, and coffee with a tsp of honey and half and half or cream
    Or, eggs fried in butter or coconut oil, nuts and berries
    Or, plain goat yogurt with stevia, berries and nuts, ground flax
    Or, a piece of cheese, nuts, berries

Lunch is always:
    2 handfuls of salad, 1 tbs balasamic vinegar and 1-2 tbs of olive oil
    Pine nuts
    Protein like beef, chicken, or egg
    Green onions
    Avocado
    Maybe carrot

Dinner:
    Protein
    Vegetable or two (cauliflower, spinach, green beans, broccoli, cabbage)
    Maybe a very small portion of sweet potato
    Fat (coconut oil or butter) to cook protein and coat veggie

Snacks are always nuts and berries, or banana and peanut butter, a piece of cheese and piece of leftover meat, or whey protein smoothie with almond milk, peanut butter, frozen berries, coconut oil and banana. I eat 2-3 snacks a day when I am hungry.

I usually have a 2nd coffee in the day with xylitol and stevia.

If you dont seem to be loosing weight, try to limit the nuts and fruit. I have noticed that i eat to much of them at times (mainly the almonds) and it stalls my weight lose. Also i have noticed that my weight will go down slowly but i can feel that i am smaller. Been lifting weights and excersizing. I think that has alot to do with it. Good luch and i hpe you enjoy the new life style.

Mark

other than that seems ok to me. Mainly losing the bad carbs you will lose weight.

rocknroll is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My advice is to stick to this eating plan for a month. If you see the results you want, go at it for another month. If you don't see the results you want, change a couple of the variables (no peanut butter, more fat, less nuts & berries are all advice you will hear often) and try that for a month. Stick to something for 30 days and evaluate how it worked for you, then make any changes you deem necessary.

That being said, the dietary choices you listed above look pretty good. Maybe add in a little exercising too.
    "Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." - Mark Twain