I've been reading some info on leptin resistance, and I've come to the conclusion that it's very possible that I am leptin resistant. I've been a yo-yo dieter for years and a total carb binger to boot, and even though I've been super strict primal for a few weeks now, nothing has happened. I've actually gained weight and seen no body composition changes. I'm not being impatient, I'm just trying to learn all I can about my body and leptin resistance makes a lot of sense to me.

I've read a bit of Mastering Leptin and I'm going to try and follow those 5 rules (easy enough as they seem) to see if it affects my fat loss. Then, I read yesterday (but I can't for the life of me find the thread that I found it in) the "Why is Oprah Still Obese?" article on the Jack Kruse website. He suggests eating 50g of protein within 30 minutes of rising. I guess that makes sense. However, I do have some questions......

1. I like to do some form of exercise as soon as I get up (yoga, walking, sprinting) and, therefore, I don't really eat until around 7:30 or 8am. Would it be detrimental to my goal of increasing my leptin sensitivity if I didn't eat the 50g of protein (or breakfast at all) until later? Does it counteract the benefit?

2. They say to eat three meals a day about 5-6 hours apart (both Jack Kruse and the Mastering Leptin people), but what if I don't like eating breakfast and I skip it? Would eating two meals instead of three, spaced apart accordingly, make a big difference in the journey to leptin sensitivity?

3. Intermittent Fasting - I've heard it helps with leptin resistance, does anyone have any experiences they would mind sharing about it actually working (specifically women, just so I can get a better gauge for myself)?

4. 50g of protein in one meal is kind of a lot (it seems). The Mastering Leptin guys say to eat meals that aren't too large so you don't eat until you're stuffed. However, a meal with 50g of protein would probably make me pretty stuffed. Thoughts on that?

Okay....that's all I can think of right now to ask. Thanks in advance anyone who can help me get a better understanding of this!