Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Paleo Diet in last place! page

AnneArchy is offline Senior Member

Paleo Diet in last place!

Best Weight-Loss Diets

#20. Paleo Diet
    (1.9 out of 5.0)
    If weight loss is the goal, the Paleo diet will likely disappoint, in the judgment of our panel of experts. While they gave it slightly higher scores for short-term weight loss than for long-term, on the whole it was the least effective for weight loss of all 20 diets they reviewed.

I can't wait to see the comments on this one! Even a VEGAN diet ranked higher!

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    interesting that paleo was 20, but atkins was #7...

...i think it's possible the panel of judges were basing their opinions on popularity. that also explains why weight watchers and jenny craig got the top two spots. maybe primal/paleo needs a series of television commercials starring celebrities.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Meh, I’d only take issue with this if they were rating them in terms of health. Fuck weight loss. That’s secondary and it happens organically when everything starts to fall into place.

kenfuji is offline Member
    Not surprised since most "experts" and "professionals" are firm believers of CW. i've been on W.W. and tried some other diets listed on there. I just let the results speak for themselves.

on second thought I guess the list is correct. Paleo should be list @ #20. It's not a diet. it's a lifestyle choice for a better and healthier quality of life.

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    Meh, I’d only take issue with this if they were rating them in terms of health. Fuck weight loss. That’s secondary and it happens organically when everything starts to fall into place.
    The scale does lie!!!! hahah. I remember watching all those Biggest Loser episodes showcasing what happened to past winners; it showed how unsustainable such regiments were.

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    I'd love to know how they came up with this list (because it certainly isn't based on any actual research!) How many of you know people who have been Paleo awhile who have yo-yo'd with their weight loss? How many of you know people who have yo-yo'd using Weight Watches or Slimfast? I rest my case

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    Thank you twin brain.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

kitana is offline Senior Member
    Y'know I could see that being the case. For those of us with whom Paleo/Primal 'clicks' - it really clicks, but I know most of the people around me would not be able to stick to it long term. And it really doesn't fit into the 'diet' mentality of most of the people I interacted with on other diet sites in the past. One of the things I enjoyed most about finding this community was the focus on living a healthy life - not losing weight (although that can be part of it). This way of life only works well if you're willing to prioritize your health and well-being, and sadly most people are not. If you're not, then this becomes a set of draconian rules instead of a guideline for living well.

If all one is interested in is a quick fix and then going back to 'normal' - this isn't really going to work so well.

I always did hang with the freaks 'n geeks - I don't mind not belonging to the WW club... Having the last laugh feels much better than needing to prove to others what I'm doing is the right thing.

ELizabeth826 is offline Senior Member
    Since they gave the diets a pseudo scientific grades (1.9 out of 5), it would be nice if they published the criteria on which the diets were evaluated. I assume that Weight Watchers and Jenny Craig are high because they are popular and probably spend ad dollars on Yahoo, but I've love to know how the raw food diet tied for second. Who is making money there?

Unicorn is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    for me, this started as a weight loss technique. Then it evolved into recognition of other health benefits. Then it became a way of life. And then, the scale ceased to matter. And then, I lost weight.

I don't really care about it's popularity. All I know is that it works for me.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast