Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the Warrior Diet any good? page

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

I'm a little skeptical...

I've been doing it for the past two days, as some of you know from my earlier posts. I don't follow it exactly as it is in the book; I just do the one-meal-a-day.

My problem is not with fasting, but with eating. I eat during a 4 hour window, from 6 to 10. My stomach is in so much pain when I try to eat a whole day's worth of food, though! And I am still hungry. I've been having trouble falling asleep, too, from eating so late at night. When I wake up, my stomach feels like it's still full. Am I doing something wrong?

Is this a good practice? Isn't it too much for the body to handle at once? Is this how our ancestors REALLY ate?

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Tarlach is offline Member

What are you eating?

I eat one meal most days. I just eat 3 or 4 t-bone steaks (or similar). It&#39;s quite easy to wolf them down and then I&#39;m not hungry for 20 hours.

If you don&#39;t get enough fat or eat too many carbs, you won&#39;t feel full and will end up eating too much.

It&#39;s not about eating three meals at once, it&#39;s eating until you are satiated.

It&#39;s very easy to eat this way and it ties in well with afternoon strength training.

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

This is what I ate yesterday (in order):

Kale with olive oil and (soaked) sesame seeds

Broccoli with soy sauce

Whole Milk Grass-Fed(First time I had it!)

Quinoa and mushrooms cooked in bone stew

Huge Steak

Dark Chocolate

Coconut Oil

An hour later I got hungry so I ate:

Raw Kale

Tuna with soysauce

Another glass of milk

Half a cup of blueberries

I only counted the carbs, which totaled to ~75 grams.

What do you suggest?

Tarlach is offline Member

Well I find it quite easy to get enough food, but I am almost zero carb and I can easily eat over 2lb of meat when I am hungry.

It is important to get enough fat and I cook in tallow/lard and eat all the fat on my steaks (trimmed grass-fed beef)

I find that carbs just make me hungry. I just snack on jerky to fill me up then.

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Man, I don&#39;t know how you eat so much.

I&#39;ve been doing the "one meal" thing for a few days now- mostly due to my work schedule. I get home and have a reasonable size dinner and that&#39;s enough for me. Half a roaster chicken, a couple eggs, and maybe a bit of produce, and I&#39;m full.

Is it true that the body is better at absorbing nutrients if you eat just one meal a day? Or is it the opposite?

It makes sense that eating tons of food at night promotes muscle building, because that is when muscles are repaired, isn&#39;t it?

PrimalK is offline Junior Member

I utterly agree with DianaRenata - on the days when I have IF&#39;d and just eaten once a day, I&#39;ve only been able to eat a little bit more than I would at my normal evening meal.

I&#39;m surprised that you were actually hungry only an hour later though...

I didn&#39;t think the idea was to eat a whole day&#39;s worth of food into a small window. My body would definitely complain if I tried to do that.

That was not my typical whole day&#39;s worth of food, though. I&#39;d say it was 2/3 of it. I had a fairly intense work out early that day, as well as a long walk, so maybe that&#39;s what triggered the extra hunger.

eva
    eva is offline Senior Member

im rarely hungry on my 1 meal a day program but im also about 95 % carnivore

yesterday i ate about 400g of steak and some blue cheese + some red wine, carbs still under 10gr. feel satiated with that through the next 20 hours and definately cant stuff myself so that stomach hurts. i think its quite impossible to do that on a mostly meat diet.

challenge yourself
    i blog here http://theprimalwoman.blogspot.com/

frogfarm is offline Member
    trudgin' across the tundra, mile after mile

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I&#39;m also carnivore. I eat when hungry, to satisfaction but not to "stuffed". I go back and forth between eating once and twice a day. On the days that I eat once, I typically don&#39;t eat any more food than I would if I ate twice. Everything I&#39;ve read about intermittent fasting (not necessarily Warrior Diet) says not to make your break-fast meal any larger than usual.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast