Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can i eat Rice as part of my 50grams of allowed carbs page

wolverine is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

Can i eat Rice as part of my 50grams of allowed carbs

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

Hey, I eat rice a few times a week, despite being non-primal.

A lot of folks here will tell you no; but if you're in good shape, good health, a little rice won't kill you. Just make sure you eat vegetables as part of your carbs, too, because they contain a lot more nutrients.

Also, make sure that - if it's brown rice - to soak it in an acidic liquid for one or two days. Are you familiar with this?

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Technically you *could* but why would you want to? There are so many other better things to eat.

Anand Srivastava is offline Senior Member

@Raphael

I don&#39;t think it is any acidic liquid, but you need to build up a medium conducive for fermentation of phytic acid and other harmful things in the rice.

The best way is to use the same water used last time for soaking. Do it about 10 times and this water will become strong enough to do the fermentation in 24 hours. I think this would depend on the temperature.

This is what the chinese do.

wolverine is offline Junior Member

Diana, not the way my wife makes it, she can convert any primal, its made in such a healthy looking way, with peppers, tomatoes, onions, lots of veggies and meat

PrimalK is offline Junior Member

You can eat what you like, it just depends whether you want it to be primal or not!

I personally don&#39;t because I have found, through bitter, bitter experience that my body can&#39;t tolerate it - I go back to all those nasty intestinal symptoms that I used to have &#39;before&#39;.

If I could eat it, I don&#39;t think I would, but only because I couldn&#39;t be faffed with all the soaking (limited time to cook = impatience!). My OH still eats it, being semi-primal, and it doesn&#39;t bother me. I have veg instead to replace the rice. Much tastier!

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

I stayed away from all grains for two, maybe three months.

I&#39;m now eating rice crackers a few times per week and white rice maybe once every two weeks. I&#39;m not setting any "must do/not do" standards, and my portion is small.

It lends variety to my diet. I don&#39;t have any reactions. My carb count is STILL way down because of the portion size.

Brown rice, which I think tastes much better, unfortunately has most of the "crap" within. Better white, small portion, add starch blocker if you choose.

maba is offline Senior Member

I&#39;ve eaten white rice all my life, mostly plain cooked rice or dishes made out of fermented rice. Before becoming Primal, I was eating brown rice for a few months. After I became Primal, the first time I ate brown rice, I felt really uncomfortable and bloated. So these days, if I partake of rice (social occasions), it&#39;s white. Excuse my rambling, to answer your question, no grain is better, but if you must eat starch and your body can tolerate it, then white rice or potato is not a bad option.

chima_p is offline Senior Member

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Anand Srivastava:

Then how do you recommend soaking rice? I use just water and vinegar (for two days) - is that not enough?

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast