Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh for crying out loud... page

OperaDivaMom is offline Senior Member

Oh for crying out loud...

Good to see Paleo mentioned, too bad it's smack dab on the bottom of the list, below vegan, vegetarian, and raw foods. The part this article doesn't take into account is how HORRIBLE people feel on most of the other diets mentioned!

Best Weight-Loss Diets

Shawn Mihalik is offline Member
    The article says that Paleo will most likely disappoint. Let's take an informal survey to test that theory. Anybody here disappointed?

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Yes, I'm disappointed that I didn't start this sooner.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't worry about it -Yahoo's "panel of experts" is most likely their webmaster.

allthings is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Palfrey View Post
    I wouldn't worry about it -Yahoo's "panel of experts" is most likely their webmaster.
    Haha, I wouldn't be at all surprised if that was the case -_-

primalprincess7 is offline Senior Member
    um, yeh, I am so sure primal diet is below medifast which is a liquid diet of powdered shakes I believe. And I am sorry but a lot of people who go on those other diets lose weight, yes, but then they have that sunken look to their skin and body and don't look healthy. I prefer primal/whole food/ closest to nature. how could powdered, pre packaged, non-real food be better than what nature provides? oh yeh, cuz it doesn't make those companies money that is why. I am so over all of these "studies", "experts", "healthy plate" etc. crap! lol
    Last edited by primalprincess7; 06-08-2011 at 07:59 AM.
    I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

Izzylu is offline Senior Member
    Well, at least Weight Watchers teaches you to prepare your own meals! Jenny Craig second????!!! I'm shocked anyone looses on that based on the sodium content alone! I can't believe anyone would recommend something that suggests you live off frozen food with lists of ingredients that take over the entire back of the box. See? Now you got me started! lol
    Strong is the new Skinny!

kimann79 is offline Member
    Hmmm.... I wouldn't suggest a raw food vegan diet unless you intend on starving your nursing child and want to develop a host of vitamin deficiencies (did it for a few weeks before I gave up because she was nursing, literally, around the clock). I was a vegetarian for fifteen years (vegan for a few of those) and I developed a long list of acronym type health problems ranging from OCD to CFS, not to mention it contributed (all the soy and wheat) to an autoimmune disease. Feeling terrible while eating lab created "meat" or feeling wonderful and enjoying a nice grass fed steak. Bring on the steak!

secretlobster is offline Senior Member
    I'm totally fine with primal not being defined as a "weight loss diet"

Shawn Mihalik is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It looks like this is where that Yahoo story got it's information:

Top-Rated Diets Overall - US News Best Diets

Yup, that's right, the government. They expand on it and break down which diets they say are the best for weight-loss, diabetes, and heart-disease, and Palio scores the lowest in every category. They even say that a "true" Paleo diet would be healthy, but what's there definition of a true Paleo diet? Lean meant. Give me a break.

The best thing, though, is right underneath each diet, they ask people how well it worked for them. Check out the response under Palio. Yes: 1828 people. No: 49 people.

'Splain that, U.S. News.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast