Thread: Hello to all from Sunny South Florida! page

physical_buddha is offline Junior Member

Hello to all from Sunny South Florida!

Primal Fuel
    Hello out there! I'm a 37 year old male with an enthusiasm for living life. I'm just a little overweight (+20 pounds) and I am looking forward to getting down to my optimum physique. Lean mass and better health! This was last felt during college - always on top of things and always on the go with my six pack.

Now, I drink six packs and am nowhere near those college years. I have low testosterone levels and high cholesterol per recent lab results. This was a calling of the wild. the calling of the innate grok!

My determination is to excel beyond past limits. With all that I've been reading I am extremely excited to partake in this adventure. My girlfriend has also joined the challenge and we're both looking to upgrade ourselves into great expression of genes!

Today is day#1 and we're committed to do a full cut out of sugars & grains & of course carbs... just learning to be baby Groks at this point. We're awaiting the arrival of the Primal BP, which i will read in a weekend for sure. Can't wait! Thank you all for your postings! very informal!

What's tough are these headaches that come and go.. We bought lots of fruit last night and through reading forums, cutting out all sugars help expedite the 'carb flu' ... any suggestions regarding going through carb flu?

Happy Health!

Physical_Buddha

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Carb flu - plenty of meat and especially fat.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Einz is offline Member
    Going VLC will most definitely cause low testosterone levels. Don't let the people who are uninformed tell you that carbs are bad. Certain carbs are bad, but make sure you are eating carbs - via fruits, veggies mainly. Stay away from bread, pastas, etc. The sugar in fruit is not the same as processed sugar, many people around here seem to get confused with this. Eat your fruit!

Also, Ketosis is not a good thing. It is a survival mechanism of the body and people seem to think it is a good thing. There is no proof to this.

If you want to restore your levels eat Meat, Fruit, Veggies for the win man. Don't forget to get some good workouts in.

if you keep that attitude and are willing to put it towards your health, there is no question in my mind you'll be good to go in no time.

Solldara is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi and welcome

I would aim for 50 - 100g of carbs from berries and veg a day to make the transition as painless as possible. If you want to go for intervals lower than that when you've done you're first 30 days and got your energy levels back then great - but till then I'd ease into it with lowish carbs, no deliberate IF's and no nuts if you want to lose weight.

Good luck
    1st June 11 to 30st Aug 11 - 36lb removed in 13 weeks
    Messed about on and off for the rest of the year

June 2012 - Had the practice - now time to do it for real