Thread: Does my macro ratio look accurate?

Does my macro ratio look accurate?

Shop Now
    This doesn't seem right to me but this is what i think i calculated for a 1900 calorie diet
    I had to fill this in from scratch and reverse engineer it from 1900 calories.

Carbs 100 grams = 400 calories
    protein 195 grams = 780 calories
    fat 112 grams = 1010 calories.

The carb level was chosen because i want to burn body fat the protein level represents 1 gram per pound of body weight.

Protein is typically 40% of over all calories i could use your advise here. 1900/40% was 760 calories or 190 grams of protein. I weigh 195. I adjusted.

I used the absence of calories to determine the fat grams.

Is the fat level dangerous? My source right now for today was cheese and Olive oil.
    Last edited by Styleten; 06-07-2011 at 04:13 PM.

fat carb = 1900 target carb - (400 cal from carb + 760 cal from protein) = 740 cal = 82g

However, I also question your target of 40% calories from protein. Try using 1g protein per pound of lean body mass
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

i wasn't using lean body mass thanks i'll adjust it now.

Its now in grams:
    1900 calories
    100 carbs
    156 protein
    96 fat
    Fat calories were from cheese and olive oil

Is cheese a bad fat source?

Shop Now
    Is cheese a bad fat source?
    Can be problematic for some. Loren Cordain says that it is extremely acid producing, thus inflammatory, and can be high in salt. I personally have a little cheese now and then and it doesn't seem to affect me, I wouldn't rely on it as a fat source however. Go for Coconut oil/milk, Avocados and good ol fatty cuts of animals (rib eye steak).