Thread: Hello from Ohio page

MPvick is offline Junior Member

Hello from Ohio

Primal Fuel
    Hello everyone,

My name is Phillip and I am new to the Primal diet and pretty much dieting in general. I heard about the Primal diet this past weekend at my monthly drill with the Army reserve. A group of us that are either overweight or struggling on PT were suggested to try this diet. I am both overweight and struggling with fitness.

I have been reading the past couple days and it seems everything makes sense with the primal diet and it pretty straight forward, in a world of diets that are both costly and complex.

I started yesterday, Monday June 6th at a weight of 268lbs.

These were my meals for the day and any advice on improvement would be greatly appreciated.

Breakfast:
    2 brown eggs, 4 tomato slices, and a banana.
    Lunch: Celery Sticks and carrots with all natural peanut butter.
    Dinner: Wild turkey breast strips grilled that I harvested last month, salad of living lettuce and spinach greens with olive oil as dressing.
    Snack: More celery and carrots
    Drinks: Water and unsweetened black tea
    Exercise: Hiked 3.5 miles of logging roads with the dog

This Morning
    Breakfast: Two whole brown eggs and three egg whites scrambled with spinach, onion, red and orange bell peppers chopped.

Any advice at all would be appreciated.

Phillip Vickers

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MPvick View Post
    I am both overweight and struggling with fitness.

Breakfast:
    2 brown eggs, 4 tomato slices, and a banana.
    Lunch: Celery Sticks and carrots with all natural peanut butter.
    Dinner: Wild turkey breast strips grilled that I harvested last month, salad of living lettuce and spinach greens with olive oil as dressing.
    Snack: More celery and carrots
    Drinks: Water and unsweetened black tea
    Exercise: Hiked 3.5 miles of logging roads with the dog

This Morning
    Breakfast: Two whole brown eggs and three egg whites scrambled with spinach, onion, red and orange bell peppers chopped.
    you might want to consider dropping the banana if you're after fat loss; they're pretty sugary. and the peanut butter isn't technically primal, but it's not going to interfere much with your goals.
    i think you need to eat more meat. only turkey at lunch...eat a cow. seriously...you could easily increase your meat intake and lower your carbs a little bit.

for exercise, hiking is good for moving slowly, but if you want to get better for the fitness tests you want to do what's required in fitness tests. add a little running. lift heavy things. sprint once a week. all of this will get you closer to your goals.

welcome, and good luck.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Where are you from in Ohio?

redberry is offline Junior Member
    Hello fellow Ohioan! I agree with primalrob, ditch that naner! If you would like to include fruit, go for some berries. I also agree with the eating more meat..get yourself some roasts and steak. Seafood is good too if you care for it. I would also strive for larger meals and forgoing the snacks.
    5'1" - 35/29.5/40.5

Start (5/9/11): 133 lbs
    5/25/11: 127.2 lbs

Goal: 120ish

MPvick is offline Junior Member
    Thank you everyone. I will drop the bananas. I picked up some raspberries, black berries, and blue berries today. I am going to start eating more I found myself pretty hungry today. I got access to a high school weight room today, so I'm going to begin lifting. I think I'm just going to work on compound movement but not totally sure yet. As far as cardio I will be running 3 times a week and a 4th day will be sprints. I am from southeastern Ohio around the Athens area.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    A fellow Ohioan and former OU Bobcat here!

Also eat whole eggs, you want to make good animal fats your friends. Also eat some pork. You definitely need more meat and no bananas.
    Georgette