Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Discovery Health says Paleolithic Diets are bad page

Ideal Peace is offline Senior Member

Discovery Health says Paleolithic Diets are bad

Shop Now
    Discovery Health "10 Diets That Just Don't Work"

It also said Atkins was bad because you don't get the "healthy building blocks" from carbohydrates such as whole grains.... I saw some people already mentioned MDA in the comments.

pyro13g is offline Senior Member
    Well, I know from tracking my nutrients that I'm not missing much of anything even if I eat at 1000 calorie deficit. Haven't been able to come up with a CW daily plan that comes close to the nutrition I get from a Primal meal plan calorie to calorie.

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Read it. Pissed me off. Apparently, Primal/Paleo isn't a good choice because it's "unsustainable" since it doesn't allow for regular consumption of pizza, pasta, cake and cookies. Maybe it's just me, but I find it far more sustainable than the SAD because I don't have to stuff food down my fat face every 3 hours because my sugar high wears off and turns into a sugar low. Idiots.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    I didn't read it and don't think I will after ChocoTaco369's post. It's just more CW that creates confusion and makes (most/some) people sick.
    A lot of us have found what works for both weight maintenance and health, that's good enough for me.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

chima_p is offline Senior Member
    Boo. I love Discovery. Hell I watched Jay Ingram's final show rather than the MTV Movie Awards or NBA Playoffs. But that article was retarded. I thought it was a Discovery website not a Regurgitate website. Maybe Kashi gives them too many advertising dollars.

Waskydiver is offline Senior Member
    Actually, I think that this very very condensed critique is rather fair.

It doesn't go into how the high cholesterol will kill you, or how the killing of the tasty animals will lead to the destruction of the planet.

It just says that the "ONLY" dowfall to the diet is that it might be difficult to stick with it. It then goes on to conceed that the same could be said of diets that advocate the inverse ("There may also be problems with receiving all the necessary nutrients derived from legumes, whole grains and reduced-fat dairy products")

And that is a valid point. In todays society, where you can't swing a dead chicken without hitting a loaf of bread or box of packaged pastries, finding primal foods can at times be a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Waskydiver View Post
    Actually, I think that this very very condensed critique is rather fair.

It doesn't go into how the high cholesterol will kill you, or how the killing of the tasty animals will lead to the destruction of the planet.

It just says that the "ONLY" dowfall to the diet is that it might be difficult to stick with it. It then goes on to conceed that the same could be said of diets that advocate the inverse ("There may also be problems with receiving all the necessary nutrients derived from legumes, whole grains and reduced-fat dairy products")

And that is a valid point. In todays society, where you can't swing a dead chicken without hitting a loaf of bread or box of packaged pastries, finding primal foods can at times be a challenge.
    Yeah, but its the same old HealthywholegrainsTM are good and Saturated Fats iz gonna kill you bull that is getting rather old especially in light of the research and debunking that has been done the past decade.

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Read it. Pissed me off. Apparently, Primal/Paleo isn't a good choice because it's "unsustainable" since it doesn't allow for regular consumption of pizza, pasta, cake and cookies. Maybe it's just me, but I find it far more sustainable than the SAD because I don't have to stuff food down my fat face every 3 hours because my sugar high wears off and turns into a sugar low. Idiots.
    I don't need to read it to understand everyone has a stake in Agribusiness. After looking up quacks, like Neal Barnard, I realized PBS is willing to showcase those who are willing to fill their pockets (in this case, PETA)....

Sugar Highs/Lows - all too familiar with that; and witnessed it the last few days. My friend, and family members went through the food coma. Luckily I've yet to go through that since I at the majority of my grainy stuff at the end. And if I did, it wasn't much. It was my birthday, so I more or less saved room for the tiramasu.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Discover channel can suck my.....

Wait perhaps the Revelution will be Televised
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast