Thread: creatine page

tommyho1 is offline Member

creatine

Shop Now
    so i just commented on another post somewhere and in that comment i mentioned about my use of creatine. i just thought i would start a new thread to see what the general consensus is on using this substance.

i am a user of creatine and firmly believe that it is ok to take in conjunction with lifting heavy weights. i am a 80/90% follower of the primal lifestyle and so i am fully aware of its principles etc and also aware that creatine does not fall into this suggested way of life. however, i am of the opinion, due to e4xtensive research, that creatine has very few, if any negative side effects. because of this, i feel happy to take it.

what does everybody else think?

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Robb Wolf talked about this in his most recent poscast, he seems to be a fan. He said there are some studies that show that it stimulates growth hormone release and he recommended taking some before bed for this purpose in addition to after lifting.
    He also said that he didn't believe that there was any advantage to taking the real expensive stuff but that the mono-hydrate works just fine.
    Personally I haven't taken it before but I just listened to this podcast this morning so it's fresh in my mind.

pyro13g is offline Senior Member
    It made it real easy for me to over-train, made me look soft, and left me short on $$ for other things. I'm not sold it stimulates GH release on it's own or only if it allows you to up intensity prompting a GH realease. Your body makes some and you can get some from red meat.. Plus, do you really want to take it forever? Once off it and you drop the water weight, you lose size.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro13g View Post
    It made it real easy for me to over-train, made me look soft, and left me short on $$ for other things. I'm not sold it stimulates GH release on it's own or only if it allows you to up intensity prompting a GH realease. Your body makes some and you can get some from red meat.. Plus, do you really want to take it forever? Once off it and you drop the water weight, you lose size.
    It's like $10 for a months supply. How did it *make* you overtrain?

I use it and it is probably the best physique enhancing supplement out there, sans gear. Yes, you will look flatter if you stop taking it, but it's not just all aesthetic, it also helps your muscles retain some water to properly hydrate them when they are repairing themselves.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Never taken it, some of my buddies back in high school used to but they also said they had to drink a lot of water or it didn’t work. I’m not too interested in looking puffy, but I eat a lot of meat/beef/etc and I think that covers me on protein/creatine.

pyro13g is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IcarianVX View Post
    It's like $10 for a months supply. How did it *make* you overtrain?
    Allowed me to add even more volume of exercise and at the time was part of the hype around creatine and why I used it. Wasn't $10 for a month supply 10 years ago.