Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: weight loss ... speed of results page

sophieUK is offline Junior Member

weight loss ... speed of results

Primal Fuel
    Hi everyone

I am sure this is a really common question but how quickly can I expect to loose weight and see results....

Thank you so much

Sophie xxx

Aly
    Aly is offline Senior Member
    There is no answer to this question, because it's different for everyone and depends on the amount of carbs you choose to consume. If you comply with the diet 100%, including exercise and all other aspects of the PB, you can expect results depending on your amount of carbs, following the carbohydrate curve. If you're overweight, your results should look something like this. People with a healthy weight will burn fat more slowly:

0-50 carbs a day -- Usually about 2 pounds per week.
    50-100 carbs a day -- Usually about 1 pound per week.
    100-150 carbs a day -- No weight loss or gain.
    150-200 carbs a day -- Slow weight gain.
    etc, etc

But note that during your first few weeks, you're going to lose a lot more weight than expected. This is the loss of water weight. But that's not really a bad thing. I lost five pounds in just the first three days from the loss of water weight.

ScottJames is offline Junior Member
    There is no time limit the matter is how much you take exercises and maintain your diet.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    It depends entirely on how much you have to lose and how active you are willing to be, and how far down you cut your carbs. People who have a lot to lose (like me - I started at 400 pounds and am now at 295 a year and a half later) will see early rapid weight loss. People who have 10 pounds to lose? Just accept that your body is what it is, and that you're doing it for your health, not to achieve some arbitrary number.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Daria is offline Member
    Both my husband and I saw weight loss just 2 weeks in to the diet. I do agree with Griff that people who have more weight to lose do seem to have a rapid loss at the beginning. Husband has more than 20 lbs to lose, and he saw 13 lb loss after 3 weeks without even excerising more. I only lost about 4 lbs, but I was not overweight to begin with. I was just happy to see my clothes fit loosely.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    I started on a 'normal' diet in January. Dropped 10-11 lbs. Started the Primal Blueprint in March and so far have dropped another 16 lbs. I could stand to lose 20 or 30 more, but it's going to take a while. I'm losing on average 4-5 lbs a month with just dietary changes and a moderate bit of exercise. I don't run, do an elliptical, or go to a gym.
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

tumbleweed is offline Member
    Unless you make a good effort to eat less than you are expending, there is no real magic in eating primal for weight loss other than the fact that you can cut the amount you eat and not feel as hungry. I am running at a 'slight' caloric deficit and am losing about a pound a week. If I'd up my activity slightly and drop the amount of food slightly, I'd probably lose faster, but this is a comfortable rate for me. I don't feel tired or deprived. Some people would rather lose weight in a hurry and be less comfortable. It's up to you, your body type, weight, activity level, fitness level, general health, etc. Every individual has to find their own personal 'sweet spot'. Good luck and keep us posted. We all love hearing the stories.

sophieUK is offline Junior Member
    thank you so much for all your input - I really appreciate it .... I will keep you posted xxx

My husband and I both have a lot to lose. He is seeing a lot of weight loss even with out extra exercise (several pounds a week and we are over a month into it). I am seeing fewer pounds lost on the scale but my clothes are showing that I am losing a lot inch wise. It is different for everyone, but I do know this works. We feel so much healthier AND we are losing weight.

Leonardrd is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    These supplements are really helpful to lose the weight, must try these to get the good results.
    0-Vit D
    0-Biotin
    0-liquid b12

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast