Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Jack Kruse aka The Quilt page 7

miss claudia is offline Junior Member
    Hi emmie. Thanks very much for your reply.

Agreed, T3 problems are tricky. Cytomel is not available in Australia but I do take compounded T3 which manages to keep my free T3 at about mid point. I stopped taking thyroxine because it was making the rT3 much worse. I'm not sure what else to do about the sky high rT3. It's been that way for years, no diet regime seems to affect it either better or worse. The Hashis antibody results are getting progressively better, don't know why...it's all very confounding.

Curiously, I don't suffer from fatigue as many Hashis sufferers do.

I wish someone could just wave a magic something wand over me and tell me what is wrong with me.

Ice
    Ice is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I’ve struggled for years trying to “feel” well since they destroyed my thyroid with radio active iodine. I’ve read about reverse T3 and have wondered if that could be part of my rapid weight gain? Looking in the mirror I must be LR but I’m thinking before I begin this I should get some blood tests done. Since my last physician blew my enormous weight gain off, I’m trying a new physician tomorrow. One I found in the low carb/paleo directory thing. I’ve waited a month and am really hoping this new dr will at least order some lab work so I might have a clue what’s going on. I’ve been paleo since April which halted the gain, but have only lost 12 pounds. While I am feeling so much better I’d like to understand why I’ve gained and can’t lose.

I’m going to ask for the following tests and what they won’t order I guess I’ll just have to pay for myself. Should this give me a good base to start?

VAP Lipid panel
    Full hormone panel (free testestrone, Estradrol, Progesterone, Estrogen, DHEA-S)
    Thyroid: TSH, T3,T4, Free T3, Free T4, Reverse T3, Thyroid antibodies, TPO
    Leptin
    HS CRP (high-sensitivity C-reactive protein)
    Ferritin
    Vitamin D3 25-hydroxy
    O3:O6 ratio
    Last edited by Ice; 10-27-2011 at 07:44 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567