Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lower Back Exercises page

Atomontage Guest

Afternoon all!

I'm currently down 53lbs. It was mostly done through CW, but I've continued losing weight with greater energy and more fulfillment through PB. Unfortunately, 53lbs is just the proverbial "drop in the bucket" for me, but every little bit counts. =) Anyway... I've noticed that I've had increasing lower back pain as my weight has come down which I find odd. My lower back has always been a sensitive spot for me, prone to being thrown-out and tweaked, and I'm looking for some light to medium exercises to target those muscles and start strengthening it up/loosening it out. I'm searching online now, but if anyone has any great exercises that they are partial to I'd appreciate the input!

Atomontage Guest

Sorry for the double posts... forum is acting weird for me =\ Doesn't display right in Firefox 3.5.5.

GtrBMart is offline Junior Member

Kettlebell swings. I've only been kettlebelling for just over a week now but I can tell my lower back, hips, and hamstrings are much stronger. The first few kettlebell swing sessions were short but man did my back feel it. Couldn't walk straight for a few hours. The muscle soreness got less and less every session and now it's the least of my worries. I was very prone to lower back pain before, but maybe not anymore!

Atomontage Guest

@GtrBMart - awesome, thanks for the advice. Watching some instructional videos now.

62shelby Guest

deadlifts always make my lower back feel great

shepherd is offline Junior Member

Ditto on deadlifts. Just ease into them and make sure you get proper form going on.

In your face, Space Coyote!

misathemeb is offline Member

supermans, forearm planks, sun salutations

GotPrimal Guest

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/finder/lookup/filter/muscle/id/5/muscles/lower-back

Good "core" exercises. If you are working on your lower back, always supplement with abdominals as well.

GotPrimal Guest

Also, google the exercise "planks".

nina_70 Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I second the core/abs excercises. Alot of lower-back pain can be attributed to weak abs. Think of it kinda like the front not holding the back, so the back tries to compensate and gets sore...you need both muscles strong, but especially abs muscles. They are called the "core" of your body for a reason. You use 'em for everything!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast