Thread: Devil'd eggs page

janky is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

Hi you guys I was wondering if anybody had a yummy recipe for deviled eggs.

maba is offline Senior Member

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

Thanks, maba!

I'm making all of these for Thanksgiving. What a beautiful idea!

Atomontage Guest

Easily one of my favorite foods of all time. Top 5 at least - it'd definitely be on my "last meal" menu. Thanks for the recipe link!

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

What a timely post. I was just thinking about primal snack to make for non-primal Thanksgiving crowd.

When I was growing up, my mom would make deviled eggs by filling them with egg yolk, mayo, and liver pate (Extra primal). It was devine. Of course, it will taste so much better if you make a baconaise instead of using generic mayo.

Another idea for a primal (not paleo) snack is ham rolls. Just spread some organic cream cheese on a piece of nice ham and roll it up with a pickle spear inside.

MariaNYC is offline Senior Member

@CC: that sounds like a Russian recipe My family used to make them this way, too. When I was little, I hated liver anything, so they'd leave some plain for me.

Thanksgiving this year is a potluck for my family, and one of the dishes I'm making is deviled eggs (also making zucchini noodles and kale sauteed with bacon & garlic). I was going to simply do yolk and mayo (my other variants include fried onion, diced mushrooms) but I am loving the presentation of the ones maba linked to. Such a simple way to dress them up, and add color to the plate -- I'm definitely going to do this to mine!

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

MariaNYC, it is a Russian recipe I'm Russian.

Maybe that's why it's strange to me that so many people around me can't stand the smell or the taste of liver, gizzards, headcheese, etc. I think they're delicious

MariaNYC is offline Senior Member

Oh cool! I was born in the Ukraine, moved to the US when I was 9. I know! All my friends think all that Russian food is weird, but I love it. I've developed a taste for liver as I've gotten older, and think gizzards make for a great snack! I gotta say seledka is one of my favorites, but I have to go to my mom's place if I want to eat it because fish-y things gross my fiance out (he's from the midwest, oy). I really look forward to visiting my mom's neighborhood so I can stock up on all those Russian delicacies. Do you ever worry about all the unknown ingredients in those cold cuts (that is, if you have a Russian/Eastern European store where you are)? I sometimes wonder, but eat it pretty infrequently and just throw it into the 20% non-primal, hehe

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

That's kind of funny. I was born in Ukraine as well and my boyfriend is also from midwest. He can not stand the smell of salt cured or smoked fish and usually makes me eat it outside

I try not to shop at those stores very often just because, like you said, I can't quite tell what goes into making those cold cuts. If I buy deli meat, it usually just a plain pit ham.