Thread: Hello page

Hello

I returned to low carb in April. Did a clean Atkins induction and lost 10 pounds. I've been on plan, but stalled, since.

I was once very successful on low carb. I was also in my early 30's, and had not yo-yo dieted. Since that time, life tanked (divorce, custody battle, bankruptcy, foreclosure......) and I couldn't focus on health or weight issues.

I tried WW once, and ate very "healthy" according to mainstream standards, but was a screaming, irritable, shaking mess and I didn't lose weight. In my ventures back to low carb, I was unable to sustain momentum. I think it was, in part, dairy issues. Either dairy itself makes me stall or dairy leads to portion/calorie issues.

I'm going to try a no-dairy, no grain, veggie-heavy, quality protein diet.

I figure the transition will be minimal since I've already inducted and stayed on plan and most of my carbs already came from veggies. I know that with my schedule, planning is essential.

I've read the FAQ, have the book (and related others) on in my Amazon shopping cart. I've read the newbie sticky and will try not to be a terrible new-sense.

Joanne
    In the midst of a mid-life-chrysalis

My Blog

jaysond is offline Senior Member
    change that no grain comment to "never grain again" hehe

no bread, no rice, no pasta, no grain is the know it all train!

i went primal in feb 2010
    200lbs
    37% body fat
    38-40 waist

1 year to the day
    140lbs
    7.8% body fat
    29 waist

currently
    137lbs
    7% body fat
    29 waist

Izzylu is offline Senior Member
    Good luck Joanne. I'm one that simply going primal (with dairy) is not enough when looking for results in physical appearance. I'm very strict about being primal (98%) but have not lost a pound. I too have yo-yo-ed and tried WW and this is the only thing that felt really really good to me! I've now begun the project of dropping some weight. It should be interesting, counting calories and maintaining primal lifestyle. It's a different mind set for sure. When I think that I want to have one of those off days, my mind goes directly to ice cream and then I think... wait, I don't do that either! It's strange. Good luck and keep us posted!
    Strong is the new Skinny!

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Welcome!
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Add "plenty of saturated and monounsaturated fats" to your list. :-)

Reeeaaaaly enjoy the things you can have, e.g. bacon.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.