Thread: PERFECT CURVEBALL example! page

jaysond is offline Senior Member

PERFECT CURVEBALL example!

Primal Fuel
    I have had some awesome questions sent to me by forum members and I try my best to reply. a lot of my advice for people that hit plateau's is throwing your diet or fitness program a curve ball. most of you have seem my results as I am in maintenance zone but I still have the up's and down's as most of you do. my scale goes up and down like most of the people that ask me questions. one week I’m 138lbs, the next 142 and the next 139 and the next 143. when I had my body fat tested I was 143.6. so I have given myself that weight as a rule not to go over. now the hidden secret here is I also measure my waist with every weigh in and each time I was between 29.5 and 30.5 inches. so I knew I was not "gaining weight" I want to give that advice to help the people that seem to be letting the scale drive them crazy. set a goal and don’t tip it.

two tricks to weigh in and measure.
    when you weigh in pick a day of the week, preferably the last day of your workout/cardio prior to a day off. that gives you more time to burn everything off and out from the last weigh in. do it when you wake up before you eat and after you use the rest room. that is when you are at your lightest and tallest.

when you measure yourself, use a nylon measuring tape so it will hug your body and measure at the belly button.

now an example of a curve ball. im trying a modified version of leangains fasting. I hit my goal weight of 140 in February. 1 year into primal and I’m a new person and love every moment of it. I haven’t really changed anything since January so its time. so here is what I started today at 3am. I got up as normal but I didn’t eat anything. I am breaking my night time fast post workout. I took my vitamins and fish oil with a glass of water. rather than drive to the gym, I jogged there. yes, it’s only about 1/2 mile away but it was a 5 minute jog there and a 5min jog back. on my way back I ran really fast for about 1 minute. I kept my workout the same. when I got home I already noticed a difference. my body temperature was high and I seemed to have been sweating even after I got out of the shower. I’ll keep yall posted on how I feel during the week. just an example of a curve ball.
    Last edited by jaysond; 06-09-2011 at 08:30 AM.

i went primal in feb 2010
    200lbs
    37% body fat
    38-40 waist

1 year to the day
    140lbs
    7.8% body fat
    29 waist

currently
    137lbs
    7% body fat
    29 waist

second day of breaking a fast post workout. energy level is fine and the only thing i seem to notice is im not as hungry as usually. that might change but for now ill accept that. i skipped one entire meal yesterday. interesting?

200lbs
    37% body fat
    38-40 waist

1 year to the day
    140lbs
    7.8% body fat
    29 waist

currently
    137lbs
    7% body fat
    29 waist

day 3

i seem to have enough energy to get me through my workout. jogging home from the gym today i was a little hungry but i was about to eat so not a big deal. i seem to be having no bathroom trouble, everything seems to be fine. i slept fine. i was not more hungry at all.

day 4
    i slept fine again last night. my body feels tighter today that normal. like my muscles feel tight. i am defanitly not bloated or anything in fact i feel tight in my ab area. my legs are really hard and im sure that has to do with the jogging but i can really see my legs cut. again i am not more hungry at all

200lbs
    37% body fat
    38-40 waist

1 year to the day
    140lbs
    7.8% body fat
    29 waist

currently
    137lbs
    7% body fat
    29 waist

day 5
    everything fine and great. i weighed in today as normal and was 144. not sure about that. im still at 30' waist so it could be muscle. i havnt been at 144 since march. lets see what happens next friday. so far i love the way i feel. im going to raise my fasting time by an hour or two this weekend.

200lbs
    37% body fat
    38-40 waist

1 year to the day
    140lbs
    7.8% body fat
    29 waist

currently
    137lbs
    7% body fat
    29 waist

otzi Guest
    This is a really good thread. What have you been eating these last few days? I notice when I cut calories too much, I get a bunch of water weight which doesn't go away for a couple weeks. Thanks for giving us insight on what it means to be in maintenance. I'm about 6 mo behind you in regards to start date and weight.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    This is a really good thread. What have you been eating these last few days? I notice when I cut calories too much, I get a bunch of water weight which doesn't go away for a couple weeks. Thanks for giving us insight on what it means to be in maintenance. I'm about 6 mo behind you in regards to start date and weight.
    Thanks!
    well thank you very much! i think its an awesome thread too, LOL.

ive been eating less actually. its weird. i seem to skip my snacks. currently i start my fast around 7pm and break it at 530am. i break it post workout with breakfast and eat the following foods in portions up until 7pm

almonds, blueberries, strawberries, eggs, 1/4 of an apple, 4 cherries, fish or chicken, frozen veggies (california blend), avocado, brussells sprouts, some seeds, cayenne pepper, whey protein shake, almond butter, cinnamon.

200lbs
    37% body fat
    38-40 waist

1 year to the day
    140lbs
    7.8% body fat
    29 waist

currently
    137lbs
    7% body fat
    29 waist

ok so i have to start by saying there is something to this IF. at least for me. i moved from a 10hr fast to a 12hr fast over the weekend and i am shocked at the results so far. i am not as hungry and i used to be, my energy level seems to be better i am defanitly not starving and i feel lighter. most of you know how far ive come but even at 7.8% body fat i still felt bloated sometimes and felt hungry at times and even felt like i over ate sometimes but i dont feel any of those things after trying this IF lifestyle. i drink more water, that cant be a bad thing but when i eat it really, really feels like the food is doing what it is suppose to do. i have not felt bloated at all, i havnt been hungry and i dont feel stuffed and full after a big meal. crazy, i have to admit. i didnt think i could last this long. overall i feel lighter and tighter all over!

200lbs
    37% body fat
    38-40 waist

1 year to the day
    140lbs
    7.8% body fat
    29 waist

currently
    137lbs
    7% body fat
    29 waist

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    rather than do daily updates im going to give you a weekly update. ill just only say this for now, this has changed my life. i am tracking everything and next week when i finish an entire week with IF at 8/16 ill post all my data. so far i love it. man how wrong i was about meal frequency!!!!

200lbs
    37% body fat
    38-40 waist

1 year to the day
    140lbs
    7.8% body fat
    29 waist

currently
    137lbs
    7% body fat
    29 waist