Thread: My jorney toward Primal.. page

Mango is offline Junior Member

Cool My jorney toward Primal..

Primal Fuel
    Hello

I've started switching over toward a primal lifestyle (after reading the book), but have not done so fully yet (I can't afford to dump all things non-primal, really) so am moving toward getting most of the crap out of my pantry at a decent pace.

I skipped the whole intro forum, but figured I'd post about myself here instead, and would be able to see my progress, and get some feedback (maybe) from regulars that aren't afraid to interact with a newb.

I'm 31, an impressive 5' almost 3", and have struggled with my weight for ohh, I don't know.. since I discovered food. I'm around 166 pounds, and currently wearing like a 10 - 12 clothing size. I'm on my feet all day for work (in an animal hospital) so have a tendency to be use that as an excuse not to workout, however, I'm sure my crap energy levels have plenty to do with the crap food I was consuming!

Thus far, I have been working out more then normal, and trying to get enough sleep (also something I find difficult), and have already felt some benefit from the gradual switch to primal. I'll have to see if I can dig up a current photo so I can eventually compare it to my ending point (I'm not really sure what this will be..).

Thanks for reading!

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Welcome!
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Thanks Belinda!

I had cream in my coffee this morning (but also added sugar.. err.. that's not right, lol) and am using up the loaf of bread AND the peanut butter (holy on the wrong track for the morning!) before I will start having more primal breakfasts.

I'm a little worried about my massive diet soda addiction, but am absolutely wanting to not drink it anymore. I'll be going to one can a day (from 2 - 3 a day) until I run out, then.. well, I just won't buy it anymore. It'll be freeing to not spend money on that kind of shit anymore, too.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    I still had half an english muffin every morning with peanut butter during my first week on PB. You're not alone, there are a lot of pantry cleaners here

I also took a lot of stuff I knew I wouldn't be eating in to work.
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

jaysond is offline Senior Member
    ditch all that bread stuff and get some almond butter. i know your new and id love to help but with me sometimes tough love helps so ditch all that shit garbadge you just named off. try cottage cheese and grapefruit over any bread or bagel muffin. if you feel you need that consistency go get some almond meal and or coconut flour and on sundays make 5 things to eat during the week. just freeze them and they will be fine. make your food as natural as possible. ask yourself before you put it in your mouth "is it natural" if not then dont eat it. if your ok with dairy try that. i dont like dairy at all. i am a huge fan of healthy fats as you will find out. handfuls of almonds always, always curve my hunger. drink water as much as possible if not 100% of the time. thats all drink.

here are some examples of coconut breads and stuff for breakfast. these are just examples, you might have to replace some stuff with primal stuff but the cookies come out wonderful. i make them

i went primal in feb 2010
    200lbs
    37% body fat
    38-40 waist

1 year to the day
    140lbs
    7.8% body fat
    29 waist

currently
    137lbs
    7% body fat
    29 waist

that's a good idea - I'll see what I can afford to give away at work. I have some snack bar things I know other people will totally eat.

Jason - Yeah, I'm well aware (and I've read the book) but unless you want to go out and buy me this stuff, my budget is very tight for food, and I have to use up stuff before I switch.

I'm looking froward to tonight's dinner - I'm going to make stuffed bell peppers and they sound so good, I don't want to head back to work before getting them together, lol.

I guess I should go a bit more into my background! I'm actually an Aussie living in California (been here 13 years) and this is by far not my highest weight. I think I hit 230 at some point, but a couple years ago, the immense stress of divorce and having my world totally changed allowed me to drop to this weight. Any attempts before this have failed (low fat, high carb etc, etc) to get below and stay below 150.

I'm so glad I found this book!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Stuffed bell peppers minus the rice came out great, and tonight I'm going to be making a long term favourite of mine - yellow curry. I have chicken, and am going to leave out the rice and potatoes, and just pile in heaps of veggies instead.

I think I'm getting sick, which isn't surprising at this point (I work with several women whom all have sick kids at the moment), but I'm hoping it doesn't hit me too hard.

Last night I managed to get in 30 minutes on the exercise bike at a steady pace, which was rather relaxing and not at all like the normal "keep going until you think you might die" kinda of cardio.