Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bulking Question page

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member

Has anyone following the Primal Diet been able to add mass without adding body fat. Most bodybuilders bulk and add muscle/fat then cut for contests. I'm no bodybuilder and that's conventional "wisdom" talking I'm currently trying to bulk up through the winter but would like to hover around 12%bf.

Also what does your typical bulking diet look like?

I'm 32, 5'11, 186lbs right now at 12%bf and workout before lunch if it matters.

Thanks!

Arthur

GtrBMart is offline Junior Member

I am overweight and have been gaining tons of muscle mass while losing body fat. I switch off between kettlebelling, dumbells, and body weight exercises. Probably only for 15-20 minutes a day.

My normal diet consists of lots of eggs, chicken, steak/bacon, olive oil, coconut oil, animal fat, vegetables, whole fat yogurt, and probably a teaspoon of honey every other day or so. Also, a smidgeon of dark chocolate every night. Pretty simple and mostly Primal.

Gaining muscle/losing fat is easier if you are a teenager, never worked out before or very overweight. (how overweight are you talking about).

If none of those apply, then I'm hoping I can do the same. my diet is the same as yours execpt i do dairy and almonds.

GtrBMart is offline Junior Member

Well I suppose 20 is close enough to teen. I'm probably ~40 lbs overweight. My goal is to be around 190-200 with muscle. I'm also 5'11".

I probably started working out intensely over the past month but it's not like I've never been to the gym before and bulked up. Even when I was SAD.

Good luck man... sounds like you're doing good.

I think our situations are pretty different though...

bobbylight Guest

PB is not for bulking. It will be hard to bulk without grains and milk. Oats and lots of full fat milk have proven to be the best way to bulk up. bodybuilding.com will be better than this website if you want to know about bulking.

SeanBissell is offline Junior Member

You can bulk just fine on PB.

I've gained a little over 15 pounds in 4 months.

Minimal bodyfat gain if any at all.

-Sean

What was your diet like sean? can you list out a typical days?

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Forget what the troll says, you can build muscle just fine on PB. I *know* Mark did a post on hardgainers but I don't have it handy from my phone. Can someone find this?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I read it but it didn't really list out the "best" PB diet for bulking and it did not touch on fat gain as well. Just seeing if someone had experience on this topic so I don't have to go by trial and error...

I'm not really a hard gainer but just want to be careful and not gain too much fat in the process... trying to be efficent.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast