My son has been recently diagnosed with a fairly rare condition: Eosinophilic Esophagitis (EoE). It is basically an auto immune disorder, but there have been correlations with food/environmental allergies exacerbating the inflammation in the esophagus of patients with this disease. There is not a lot known about his disease right now. American Partnership For Eosinophilic Disorders | Official Website of the American Partnership For Esoniphilic Disorders, has the latest most accurate info for those interested in learning more about EoE. You can read about his story here: Journey With Nathan.

I am only 2 weeks in on eating "primal" and feel very passionate about this way of life and eating. I feel great and am seeing results already of this positive change in my habits. I want so badly to feed my son, who is 15 months old the "primal" way, but he is on a very restricted diet right now in hopes to control his EoE. He takes a steriod daily to reduce the eosinophil cells/inflammation in his esophagus and it is beyond frustrating to me that in order for my son to tolerate any bit of food he has to take this steroid. It just isn't right!

I fully believe that the "primal" lifestlye promotes excellent health, but feel like I am stuck between a rock and a hard place when it comes to the situation with my son. Any advice on food allergies and overcoming them would be greatly appreciated. (Food allergies aren't causing his health problem, but they just make it worse... the root of the problem is more of a malfunction of his immune/allergic response in his body.)

Thanks!