Thread: Primal Fitness and Kids page

Toefuzz is offline Member

Primal Fitness and Kids

Primal Fuel
    My pull-up bar arrived yesterday and my 8 year old son is having fun playing with it and has expressed some interest in doing some of the Primal Fitness exercises. My thought is that as long as he's having fun and not pushing himself too hard it's fine, but other people have yelled at me and compared it to letting kids lift weights so I thought I'd see if anyone here had an opinion. He tends to enjoy more sedentary activities (video games, books, etc... just like his Dad) so I'd like to encourage him in doing something more active... just want to make sure he's safe.

On a related note, after having my butt handed to me by my first 15 minute primal workout I'm not sure I want him around to watch Ended up sliding down the stairs on my rear as my legs were too wobbly to support me and my arms were to wobbly to use the rail. Fortunately my wife was supportive and stood at the bottom of the stairs laughing

belinda is offline Senior Member
    There's nothing wrong with your kid doing some bodyweight exercises or pullups in my opinion. Just let him do it at his own pace. Kids have been playing on monkey bars and climbing ropes for years. Well, except me. I never could figure out the rope thing.
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Toefuzz View Post
    but other people have yelled at me and compared it to letting kids lift weights so I thought I'd see if anyone here had an opinion.
    Doesn't anyone remember when children had monkey bars to play on? Calisthenics are perfectly all right for children.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!