Thread: vlc + kidney area pain? page

jkt2 is offline Member

vlc + kidney area pain?

i've noticed that when i'm VLC i get pain in the kidney area... nothing horrible, but almost like a stitch in your side you get from running... except right over my kidney area. when i was eating more carbs (and plateaued and even gained a few pounds.. ugh) i wasn't getting this pain. i went back to vlc/lc and it's starting again. anyone know anything about this/what to do?

jkt2 is offline Member
    no one has experienced this pain?

i've been reading other threads trying to find something... i see the "myth" of too much protein being hard on the kidneys... or at least in the absence of not enough water?

does anyone have any experience with this?

PatrickF is offline Senior Member
    When you are eating VLC, do you eat enough fat to get at least 70% of your calories from fat?

jkt2 is offline Member
    i haven't actually measured but i really think so... i'm not stingy with the heavy cream/butter/coconut oil. i've been donig primal for 10+ months... and this has only happened in the last couple of months

gfish is offline Junior Member
    search for my post called liver/gallbladder problems...

RUQ pain turned out to be fatty "deposits" in my liver started after i got strict and lost 15-17lbs of fat. if i had a cheat i would feel like i got stabbed in my right side. doc thought due to the rapid fat loss my liver just hasnt caught up...

Balance is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jkt2 View Post
    no one has experienced this pain?

i've been reading other threads trying to find something... i see the "myth" of too much protein being hard on the kidneys... or at least in the absence of not enough water?

does anyone have any experience with this?

If you are eating a paleo style diet especially one that follows PB you will not be necessarily high protein. The diet is more high fat. Everytime I put my daily meal plans into my analysis program I am normally 20% carb, 15-20% protein, and 60-65% fat. I think it would be tough to really tax your kidneys on this diet unless you are loading up on really lean meats with no skin or fats as well as supplementing with protein powders.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

b4ds33d is offline Member
    your kidneys are important, and if they hurt, you might wanna get that checked out homie. just sayin.

periquin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Could be that there is a kidney stone working its way out. Don't be surprised. Just about everybody has kidney stones. They only cause problems when they try to move. A tablespoon of vinegar every day could do wonders if this is the case.
    Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha