Thread: damn desserts page

mwok86 is offline Senior Member

damn desserts

I went to an indian restaurant with some friends, I didn't eat (cause I wasn't hungry) but when it came to dessert time...they insisted and I finally gave in and ate a large serving of some sort of pudding (forgot what you call it). It was really high in sugar and covered in some caramel sauce. This is the first sugar/desert I had in 3 months and I'll probably be out of ketosis.

How bad did I screw up?

JPA
    JPA is offline Senior Member
    It's ok... it's called life. I just went to a birthday party today and experimented 5 or 6 desserts and focused on 2 or 3. I probably ate 4000 calories in one sitting. I'm stuffed as hell and I'm still alive.

I have one of these every 2-3 weeks or so. Don't worry about it.

Bissen is offline Senior Member
    We can't say for sure, but just get over it and don't worry Won't kill you!

NeoBerserker is offline Senior Member
    Your probably going to go into anaphylactic shock, possibly have a heart attack, and will need an epi pen to get an adrenaline rush to keep you alive... or you will be fine, I forget. Lol. I'm pretty sure most people cheat and still obtain great health/ body comp results.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    If it was creme brulee or creme caramel, I'd be all over that

Just get back to the straight & narrow tomorrow. You'll live. I think.
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

mwok86 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by belinda View Post
    If it was creme brulee or creme caramel, I'd be all over that

Just get back to the straight & narrow tomorrow. You'll live. I think.
    Yep, that's it. It was half a plate of both creme brulee and creme caramel (don't even like it).

lizch is offline Senior Member
    It made me laugh reading that you caved to dessert at an Indian restaurant. Even when I *loved* desserts, Indian restaurants didn't tempt because their desserts just weren't that great. Love their savory food, sweet not so much. Sure hope when I decide to indulge, it will anywhere but Indian
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

gunnk is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Don't sweat it! One insulin spike isn't a disaster. In fact, we (my family and I) just went out to Maple View Farms outside of town where they make wonderful ice cream. I had an ice cream sundae. YUM! Of course, that's the only big sugar intake like it that I've had in weeks. I know it will give me an insulin jump and could stimulate a bit more appetite later (or send me napping sooner), but I'm aware of that and will make sure I compensate. I do something like that once in a great while, but I'm still sitting at a very healthy weight (unlike before dropping grains when I was 25 pounds heavier).

Like Mark says in the book: aim for 100%, but recognize that 80% is generally good enough.
    Life is short: Void the warranty.