Thread: eating low carb and fat page

cody Guest

Primal Fuel

I have a question on eating low carb and low fat. Are there any people that eat this way. I am not in to a lot of fat, so I cut most of it off. Actually I always ate this way until about 5 years ago and was always thin. Are there people out there that feel as I do?

grandma is offline Member

I think OTB is currently on a high protein diet. That's all you have left to eat.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

cody Guest

Who is OTB?

maba is offline Senior Member

Atomontage Guest

OTB = OnTheBayou, another forum member.

wolverine is offline Junior Member

i eat in a similar way, but the problem with this is that with limited fat in our diet, we dont get that satiety that fat gives, hence we have to use a lot of will power to avoid succumbing to other cravings, also we need fat in our diet in order for our body to revert to burning fat for energy, otherwise it will keep looking for sugar for energy, in the absence of this, it uses our muscles

emmie is offline Senior Member

PrimalCon New York

I am trying to lose weight, but I find that in the absence of sugar, starch, and grains, my body needs extra fat to go along with the protein. I don't go out of my way to add fat, but I enjoy my veggies sauteed in olive oil and garlic, and regularly have tuna, salmon, and chicken salad with gobs of homemade mayo. I feel great eating this way and am still losing steadily, if slowly (the slowness is my compromised metabolism from menopause and hypothyroid).