Thread: Tweaked out! page

Izzylu is offline Senior Member

Tweaked out!

Shop Now
    I've been primal for about eight months now and was strict on all my foods being whole and clean, not so strict on the fruit and dairy. Just recently, I decided to cut calories so got a lot more involved in the numbers and carbs. Anywho... there went all the fruit and dairy! Now, it's just a small amount of berries. Ever since I've done this, I've noticed that I have become soooooo sensitive to my morning coffee! My one cup seems to make me anxious where before, if I was ifing, which I did A LOT, I'd have my usual 2 cups in the morning and a cup or two through out the day and it never affected me like this. Is it because my blood sugar is so even now with the carbs so low? Anyone else experience this? I love my coffee and clearly I will cut back, it' just weird!
    Strong is the new Skinny!

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    No.

It must be a california thing.

I'd move away from california.

Considering the fact that it's June in the Napa Valley and it's been pouring for 3 days straight, I'm considering Portland where it's nice and sunny.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I'm in San Jose and it's been raining here too... however, not as much as where you are.

Anyway, with regard to your coffee - it most certainly CAN have an effect on your blood sugar. Something in the coffee, not the caffeine has been
    shown, IN SOME PEOPLE to spike blood sugar.. or at least act like it does.

I don't have any links to back up my claims, but you can google around and find some.

I belong to a couple "zero carb" sites and there were lots and LOTS of people that had to give up coffee because it was just wonking
    them out after going no carb.

Stay strong in the rain.... it sure is depressing for JUNE... but, considering that California's "summer" has moved to SEPTEMBER, perhaps this
    is still our "spring".

So annoying.

Julie

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzylu View Post
    Considering the fact that it's June in the Napa Valley and it's been pouring for 3 days straight, I'm considering Portland where it's nice and sunny.
    I wouldn't if I were you. Here in Seattle, it's rained almost continuously since October. This weekend the temps are higher than they've been since Sept 3rd...and even then, only in the 70s.

And I believe it's raining again in Portland today, and will be again in Seattle within a day or two.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

denbro01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzylu View Post
    The grapes aren't happy either!

Sad grapes, sad Izzylu. Maybe I should just have more coffee.

It is not raining in Portland today. Yet.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

bookstorecowboy is offline Senior Member
    Funny, coffee has less effect on me than ever (that is, since going PB). It seems to do nothing at all, or almost nothing.

104 degrees in Phoenix today.