Thread: Crunchy, Tart, Sweet Goodness page

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

I just had to share one of my favorite snacks, which until now I never really appreciated it for what it is.

Pomegranates.

I always liked pomegranate seeds. I'd always put them in my yogurt or some sort of dessert, but I never just plain ate them.

Since they're in season I picked one up at the market. It's sort of a personal rule that I have to enjoy it at least once each fall. This year I decided to just sit down and eat it, and it really makes a wonderful snack. It's sweet and tart like candy, and it has that crunch that's reminiscent of popcorn. One whole pomegranate has 24g carbs, which for today is my entire carb count.

If you've never tried one, they're quite easy to handle. Just score the skin vertically all the way around. Fill a large bowl with water, and peel it open in the water. The seeds will sink to the bottom and the rind will float to the top.

It's no wonder pomegranates were called the fruit of the gods, and figured prominently in several Roman myths. I always feel like I'm partaking in something a little bit special when I eat one.

maba is offline Senior Member

Pomegranate is my favorite fruit! I can easily eat 2 at a time but I try not to. When I have them on hand, I add the arils to my BAS and I don't need any additional nuts for the crunch.

OTOH, POM wonderful is just c***, has concentatrated fructose and other suspect ingredients.

Annika is offline Senior Member

I bought a pomegranate for the first time last week; I hadn't had one for many years. Man, was it good!

My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
    On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

I could never bring myself to pay the price for POM wonderful. Good thing huh?

They really are the yummiest fruits.

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member

Our family loves them. They are so yummy and satisfy my sweet-tooth quite nicely!

I grok, therefore I am.

Baglady is offline Junior Member

I have been enjoying one and am getting ready to buy another, I love them!!

Bags
    Primal Since 10/2009

jessher is offline Junior Member

Pomegranate seeds in full fat greek yogurt is soooo divine. Or mixed with coconut milk.