Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Willing to try anything...... page 2

HeyChelle is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Keep it the positive changes! I hope you heal and feel better quickly.

No idea on the coconut water; I have never liked it. Coconut oil, on the other hand, is the bomb.

sydneyto is offline Junior Member
    sooo, day one is coming to a close.
    not hungry! i manage to fight off friends with bad intentions (patio time with beers)

i had 115grams of protein and 51 carbs WOW!
    only 51 all from fruits and veggies!

i did go for a 4 mile walk today, i needed it more for to get out and about than i was doing it for fitness.

well my Son came and visited today he's 22 and he's just moved out on his own for 6months now
    and to go with that a 25 pound weight gain YIKES! i keep telling him McDonald's is not food of any sort and beer is not water...
    and really the girlfriend needs to learn to cook more than Hamburger Helper (at lest make it from scratch it's not that hard)

so i told him about what i'm doing with Primal Blueprint...and he's way into it!! so i gave him my copy of the book
    and then downloaded my own onto my Nook.. crossing fingers he gets *Primal* really would be good for him!

food bought, lunch is made and breakfast too
    i'm ready for day 2
    bring it on!!

belinda is offline Senior Member
    It's good to see you so excited about this

Just be prepared for the carb flu, and potential constipation. Both suck (a bit, for some people more than others) but it's only for a short while and the gains are worth the pains for sure.

Make sure to drink lots of water, take some fish oil caps, and keep your potassium and magnesium levels up because cramping can be an issue too.
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

yep, i'm ready
    i already take TMI stool softener and are taking fish caps..
    i'm really tired and it's only 8pm..i'm sure it's the carbs screaming out for me...

Start of day two....
    last night after going to bed not sure what was up but i did go get a glass of wine and read some e-mails.....
    slept great, got more than 7 hours solid sleep!!

slight showers this morning, my bones hurt every where!! is that part walking? or carb flu? humm, sore throat
    got to fight that, to much work on my plate BUT

i have food planned for the day organic slices of roast beef with shavings of cucumber tomato and avocado for breakfast..(lack of planning)
    lunch smoked tuna and spinach

dinner is still up in the air
    i also, think no work out today try and stay away from aspirin and no NSAIDS!
    work is calling............

survive or fail

that's what i'm getting from the people around me
    i got one guy at work who is all into it, says he's never heard of primal blueprint
    yet every where i look it comes up....he's thinking of doing his own web site....

other wise everyone at work thinks i'm a crack job and my parents think i'm off the deep end
    and yet again on another quest to lose weight
    my son is on board but his girlfriend is dead set against it

i'm barely 5', 18 months ago i weighted 231 pounds ya, can't you say round?
    but still i completed marathons at 200 pounds i never stopped running
    now i'm at 188 -43 pounds on CW
    that's not a big enough pay off for the amount o pain, suffering and energy i put into my diet
    ( in all fairness my 20 year old daughter was killed in a car accident 5/09, not much weight loss
    going on months after that)
    but still no pay off for the amount of effort which brings me here

i got again today 160 protein/51 carb amazing that i can do that
    i did have a down moment at 4ish had an apple that helped
    only had enough energy for 20' on the elliptical at 14 resistance
    did faulter with a handful of peanut M&M's (carb flu? i'm guessing the worst is et to come there?)
    they kept me from going to bed at 8pm
    i get close to 7 hours on a good night not really a problem for me

i wasn't a big fast food'er anyways and try to not go processed prolly
    broke even with pro/carb ratio every day 130/130

i'm hoping the next week is my hardest
    i ended up ordering everything because so many people think i will fail at this that
    i want to prove all wrong, plus i want my son to get it if i'm successful maybe he'll
    put some value into what i say about weight...and not fight it 40 years like me...if he gets it at
    22...he could be so powerful with his life instead of being held prisoner by his weight like me

night all
    sydney

bookstorecowboy is offline Senior Member
    I had a huge surge of energy when I went Paleo. I vastly overdid it after that in terms of physical activity since I felt more energy than I had had in years. I think I over-exercised. So I would echo what someone else said, take it easy physically for the first two months esp. since it sounds like you have a tendency to over-exert yourself (I used to be a runner and know about the addictive quality of that kind of thing; fortunately, agonizing tendonitis ended that for me when I was 20). Rest and do things you like. Maybe walk to a place you like and lie on the grass with a book or listening to music instead of walking long distances? Just my thoughts. In general, I would think that walking would be helpful.

With regard to joint pain and tendonitis, I have found that one shot of Kenalog (triamcinolone) will remove inflammation pain. I have had doctors that want me to take ibuprofen for six weeks (nine pills a day) instead. I do not agree with that at all. So it may be an alternative to pain-killers if not over-used. Doctors disagree on the effects of Kenalog and other cortisone-like steroids. It might be something to look at instead of living on pills. I used to have a nagging inflammation pain at an insertion point and one shot of Kenalog took care of it for two years.

Check out the "success stories" section of this website. Lots of inspiration there.

I have been reading *success stories* today WOW!

I don't/can't run any more but i sure do make up for it in walking, it's sanctuary for me

I have only once recently had a shot of cortisone, after last years Malibu 1/2 marathon..... and i will be walking it again this year
    Nov, 13th!!!! hope that the diet change bring at least 1/2 the relief people are telling me it will!!

had a rough morning, had to dip into some Greek yogurt and a handful of blackberries and got some fresh air..
    seem to get the monkey off my back that was an hour ago..thumbs up!

well another day coming to an end, this time my energy wasn't there for me in the middle of the day,tonight after my 2 workouts
    90mins i feel awesome!! plus i get the day off to do some charity work!! that's always good for my soul

mom and dad are pushing food, they bad burgers for dinner and i came in to find them pre packaged and pressed pattys
    (something i have never seen my father do??) so i sat there ate 1/2 protein style and now i can't leave till i finish my burger UHHGGG!
    my mom bitchs like no tomorrow that i'm to fat a week goes by i lose 4 pounds now i'm going to get sick
    old people???

totally awesome Primal day other wise!
    Last edited by sydneyto; 06-07-2011 at 10:22 PM.

Primal on!

Feeling great today!!!

i only did a 4 mile walk and got not even 900 cals (27C/110 P)
    did charity work all day kinda hard to stop and eat

off to bed early, lots of work tomorrow price you pay when taking a day off
    my sos is looking into kettle bells for us
    he's pretty on board but he and i offically will start the 30 challenge together
    when my books get here crossing fingers for tomorrow..not fri!!

that's all i got today
    i'm energized today!

Twinwolf is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by sydneyto View Post
    Feeling great today!!!

i only did a 4 mile walk and got not even 900 cals (27C/110 P)
    did charity work all day kinda hard to stop and eat

off to bed early, lots of work tomorrow price you pay when taking a day off
    my sos is looking into kettle bells for us
    he's pretty on board but he and i offically will start the 30 challenge together
    when my books get here crossing fingers for tomorrow..not fri!!

that's all i got today
    i'm energized today!

Just take it one day at a time. Best to be very strict grain, sugar, and processed wise right off the bat. The cravings or carb flu will pass more quickly.

You are doing great! Don't let anyone tell you or convince you otherwise! Keep up the great work!!
    "If a man has common sense, he has all the sense there is."

My Journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30234.html

Starting weight prePB - 258 lbs on 5/6/11

244.2 lbs on 6/3/11 (28 days in!)

240 lbs on 7/1/11 (59 days in!)

234.2 on 7/15/11 (73 days in!)

228.2 on 8/12/11 (101 days in!)

224 on 8/28/11 (117 days in!)

220.6 on 9/14/11 (134 days in!)

Goal weight PB - 205 lbs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast