Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheese for protein and fat? page

James17 Guest

Primal Fuel

Sure, cheese comes from cows, but I find it hard to get in enough calories sometimes, and cheese (not plastic processed cheese, mind you) has protein, fat and minimal carbs. Mark says it's okay occasionally. Why should I not use cheese as a regular source of calories?

Thank you, once again Primal Public

Ever helpful

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

Exactly, why shouldn't you?

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member

If you tolerate dairy, chomp away

I think the reason it&#39;s a grey area is for many people it interferes with weight loss, and it sounds like that&#39;s not your purpose.

chowza is offline Member

I find cheese and other dairy can affect (read: increase) mucus production. But weight loss isn&#39;t a big concern for me, either, so I think it&#39;s fine in moderation as long as you&#39;re going for the good stuff.

Check out my blog here.

Parmigiano reggiano.............. orgasmic!

But so expensive! That&#39;s what I want for my birthday. >=]

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member

If it&#39;s purely for calories or nutrients, there are plenty of options. But, if it&#39;s for enjoyment of dairy products, that&#39;s a different story.

I rarely eat dairy, and we have all heard both sides of the arguments on this forum, so no need to get into that.

But, I started using goat cheese for the eggs, as cheese is the only dairy I&#39;ve ever really wanted to eat. Raw milk is on my list, but Arizona isn&#39;t as liberal as california with their dairy standards and rules.

Anyone got the low down on goat&#39;s dairy products? I think that most are raw and/or unpasteurized. I am not sure how much of an inflammatory response they have, but I&#39;ve read it&#39;s less than cow dairy.

Anyone got any info on goat dairy? Kind of want to see if I am just wasting my money thinking it&#39;s much different than cow&#39;s...

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member

A guy I know and trust wrote the following tidbit regarding dairy...It&#39;s true, when I first met him, it was one of the first he reccomended to go...

http://crossfitwhole9.com/2009/07/dairy-manifesto/

He thinks butter/ghee/heavy-cream is good though.

ASnutrition, I think I&#39;m going to try a small bottle of goat&#39;s milk this week. I saw it at Whole Foods and thought, why not?

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member

I had started eating some cheese for the same reason your asking about. I quickly found myself eating 6-8 oz. a day! I already know it&#39;s not the best for me, but I totally understand wanting it as an easy and yummy way for getting a little something (especially fat) without having to cook or eating more carbs (like something to slather butter on). I feel better without it though and it makes my joints hurt. As a transition off the cheese I would melt coconut oil and chug it for some extra pure fat.

Iceskater is offline Junior Member

I like cream for the same reason. If you dont experience any ill effects from the dairy, Id say go for it, especially if fat loss isnt your goal. Personally, my skin is clearer and I generally feel better w/o it. Like PM, ive resorted to licking CO off the spoon for fat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast