Thread: Approaching 30 days page

Voytechs is offline Junior Member

Smile Approaching 3 months

Primal Fuel
    I switched to a lo-carb diet on March 9th. I weighted in at 330lbs and was heading higher. Today, 3 mo later, I just hit the 300lbs mark. Easiest hard-thing I've ever done in my life.

I was introduced to movie Fathead (watch for free on hulu.com) by Kevin DeCoster on lewrockwell.com. She recommended Mark's Sisson books strongly, so I have that, the cookbooks, Good Calories/Bad Calories, why Fat and cholesterol are good for you and a couple of others. I did my research although I must say the movie is much easier watch then reading all those books, but I had to convince myself I was doing the right thing. Boy was I ever.

So I'm always satisfied and never hungry. My normal hunger mechanism lets me know when I need to eat and when to stop. Although we go out to restaurants plenty, I have not even once over eaten like I typically did before. I raise some eye brows from the waitresses when I typically tell them I don't want almost anything else on the plate except the meat and the veggies and throw everything else out, but it works. Same thing at any fastfood place we go (yes, we do go out) and I throw out the buns on the burgers and just eat the insides.

I must add that in my experience, this is all fresh. I actually couldn't get enough junk food like BigMacs and whoppers. I actually eat quiet regularly (minus the carbs). I guess I needed that, since now I will eat one if I have to but mostly I can't look at those. They just don't taste right anymore. I prefer to make my own steaks and burgers, chicken and fish.

Just orderd 5lbs of wild alaskan salamon from (Wild Alaska Salmon, Chinook, Coho, Sockeye Salmon and Smoked Salmon.).

What a life changer. I walk 3-5 miles per day, although I just started 3 weeks ago. I essentially lost all that weight with no exercise. Now kicking in the other component of primal. You don't have to do it all at once. It all comes together though. You loose weight, easier to walk and do gym exercise. I can definitely see a balance on food, and everything else.

I'm so greatful to have discovered this.
    Last edited by Voytechs; 06-18-2011 at 04:52 AM. Reason: Changed title and added signature

onalark is offline Senior Member
    That's AWESOME. Go you!

Not being hungry is one of the greatest "side effects" of this way of eating. I can't believe I've gone 15 years feeling hungry. It's crazy!

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Fantastic! I look forward to you being one of Mark's Success Stories.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Awesome! You're off to a great start Now start a journal so we can keep up with you!
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Voytechs is offline Junior Member
    Here is my progress as a ticker:

I still have a way to go, but I'm making the best progress in my life.

My wife joined me and she is ecstatic that she lost 6lbs over last 2.5 weeks.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    I'm in agreement. Going Primal is the 'easiest hard-thing' I've ever done too!
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

PrimalCon New York
    Hello Voytechs and Mrs Voytechs,
    I am also at the 30 day point and loving it. Thanks for sharing your success.
    Goldengrokette