Thread: Big Thank You to Amy Schoenherr! -- Omelet Muffins page

ChicagoPaleo is offline Member

Big Thank You to Amy Schoenherr! -- Omelet Muffins

Primal Fuel
    Just wanted to send a big thank you and recommendation. First, thanks to Amy Schoenherr for the Omelet Muffin recipe in the Primal Blueprint Reader Created Cookbook. Second, if you haven't tried these, you need to. They are GREAT.

Can't wait to make a batch of these each week for my quick breakfast before work!

jhc
    jhc is offline Senior Member
    I have never seen the recipe in question, but the breakfast quiche is definitely the easiest route to a delicious, zero-effort primal breakfast.

Personally I add soy protein isolate (and some water) to the egg mixture at a rate of one heap teaspoon per 1.5 eggs. This changes, and (to my mind) improves the texture of the result, and gives me an even bigger jumpstart on my daily protein intake.
    Last edited by jhc; 06-04-2011 at 12:28 PM.

AndreaReina is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jhc View Post
    I have never seen the recipe in question, but the breakfast quiche is definitely the easiest route to a delicious, zero-effort primal breakfast.

Personally I add soy protein isolate (and some water) to the egg mixture at a rate of one heap teaspoon per 1.5 eggs. This changes, and (to my mind) improves the texture of the result, and gives me an even bigger jumpstart on my daily protein intake.
    Ditch the soy protein, if you want to add something use egg or whey. It's the proteins that are responsible for the negative effects of consuming soy, so you're just getting it in an even more concentrated dose.

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've just checked those out and they look good. I think I'd rather cook one big one and divide it up into squares - easier than individual muffins?