Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A good quick decision breakfast page

rabraham2 is offline Senior Member

A good quick decision breakfast

Shop Now

I picked this up at wal-mart. So long as you don't eat the crackers, its not bad. Could use more fat...possibly some avocado spread or something. I also have a veggie tray.
    A rose by any other name.

If your walmart has a deli you could have gone and had them cut you some meat and cheese too!

Dellastreet is offline Member
    A question from a newbie - is pepperoni primal? I thought the idea was to eat protein as close to it's natural form as possible. Isn't pepperoni full of all kinds of things we should avoid? Personally, I hope the answer is, 'please eat all the pepperoni you want,' but I'm doubtful.

eta - Now that I see the package again, isn't the same true for salami? Neither is meat in its natural form.

Angieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellastreet View Post
    A question from a newbie - is pepperoni primal? I thought the idea was to eat protein as close to it's natural form as possible. Isn't pepperoni full of all kinds of things we should avoid? Personally, I hope the answer is, 'please eat all the pepperoni you want,' but I'm doubtful.

eta - Now that I see the package again, isn't the same true for salami? Neither is meat in its natural form.
    Personally, I don't think it looks like a wise choice. If I were a guest and it were one of my only choices, yes, but to buy and eat at home? Not for me.

Shamra Byrne Guest
    Be careful with processed foods like these because they contain a lot of artificial colors, flavors, and other additives. Also, I'm about 100% sure that the pepperoni is loaded with nitrates.

Zed
    Zed is offline Senior Member
    Sorry, but I wouldn't touch that. That such a processed food, void of any sufficient nutrients. Hey, I am all for any slice of high quality cold cuts now and then, but for a meal? No thanks.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    I have to agree with the other posters. You have so many better options than to go with that. The pepperoni and salami are so questionable that I wouldn't touch it.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Ryokumuji is offline Senior Member
    I definitely wouldn't eat that.

Today, I woke up an hour later than I usually do and I still had time to fry an egg and make three breakfast sausages in the microwave. The sausages were also free of artificial preservatives, additives, and nitrates. They only took a minute and thirty seconds to cook in the microwave. It probably only took me ten or fifteen minutes! Quick meal with no having to worry that there's icky artificial bull crap in your food!

It also seems like a big waste of money to pay for the crackers only to throw them away.

Zed
    Zed is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryokumuji View Post
    I definitely wouldn't eat that.

Today, I woke up an hour later than I usually do and I still had time to fry an egg and make three breakfast sausages in the microwave. The sausages were also free of artificial preservatives, additives, and nitrates. They only took a minute and thirty seconds to cook in the microwave. It probably only took me ten or fifteen minutes! Quick meal with no having to worry that there's icky artificial bull crap in your food!
    Exactly. I think far too many people make cooking complicated. You can make a delicious meal (free of any additives, preservatives, chemicals, etc, and loaded with nutrients) in 15 minutes or less (organic bacon, eggs, with some cooked veggies or a quick sweet potatoes hash brown with onions, peppers, etc.). And if one wants to make a less simpler meal for breakfast, then wake up earlier.

We don't need to rely on overly processed junk food, void of any sufficient nutrients.
    Last edited by Zed; 06-05-2011 at 01:47 AM.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rabraham2 View Post

I picked this up at wal-mart. So long as you don't eat the crackers, its not bad. Could use more fat...possibly some avocado spread or something. I also have a veggie tray.
    Could use more fat - are you kidding?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast