Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much do you eat??? page

wiltondeportes Guest

How much do you eat???

Primal Fuel
    For the sake of this question, please don't state this answer in calories. Our bodies are not computers taking in numbers. There are factors such as absorbability and the state of your own body which are just as big in determining digestion. So, how much do you eat in a day? And what do you eat?

Lately, I've been eating

Meat: either 10 herrings (or about 3 pounds) or at least 2 pounds of beef/bison/lamb meat (mostly muscle except for offal every 2-3 days)
    Fat: Along with my meat, I'll eat about 4-8 marrow bones (still experimenting how much I need). I cook in water, so I don't use frying fats to cook anything.
    Vegetation:
    -Early in the day preferrably, I eat some form of complex carb. Generally an orange sweet potato. Sometimes butternut squash, pumpkin, celeriac...still experimenting with plant organs/roots.
    -Some form of green veggie like one head of broccoli, lettuce, or cabbage, usually herbs cooked with the meat
    -Maybe half the days, I'll eat chocolate and a piece of fruit.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 06-03-2011 at 11:33 PM.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    Here is my normal macronutrient breakdown. 20% carbs/15-20% protein/60-65% fat

I log a lot of my daily menus on Nutricalc Plus for school.

Breakfast : Smoothie - 1 cup of coconut milk, 1/2 cup of berries, 1/2 banana, 2 cups of spinach. Or I will have 3 eggs fried in grass fed butter with ground lamb or bacon.

Lunch : Salad with sardines/avocado/EVOO dressing and raw cheese. Sometimes I will swap the sardines with salmon or chicken breast no skin. (I avoid the skin because chicken is a lot higher in n6)

Dinner : Grass fed steak with saurkraut, salsa, steamed veggies. If not a grass fed steak I will normally have grass fed lamb.

Snack : Handful of macadamia nuts or a serving of 85% dark chocolate.

If I have a basketball game or if I am going to do some strenous exercise then I may have 1/2 of a sweet potatoe or a little bit of white rice. But other than that my normal carb range with only fruits/veggies come out around 100-125g per day.

Once a week I will make a bone broth either out of beef knuckle or chicken bones. I will add organ meat to my bone broth as I have a hard time eating them all by themselves. And I will drink a cup of bone broth a day usually in the morning after breakfast or with it.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    I'm currently following Leangains. So on workout days I eat around 2lbs of potatoes post-workout along with around a pound of meat and a cup or so of greek yogurt and a bit of fruit if I feel like it. Then a few hours later I'll have some eggs (2-3), a cup or so of greens, a can or sardines (if I didn't eat one earlier), a cup of broth, and some kimchi. For dessert I'll have some homemade sugarfree ice cream and/or shredded coconut mixed in coconut oil. I know it sounds like a lot of food, but I'm trying to build some muscle.

On rest days I eat more in line with Primal guidlines (much lower carb). I probably eat a pound or two of meat/fish, a huge salad and some type of veggie. On rest and workout days I usually eat 2 meals within an 8 hour window.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    I'm currently following Leangains. So on workout days I eat around 2lbs of potatoes post-workout along with around a pound of meat and a cup or so of greek yogurt and a bit of fruit if I feel like it. Then a few hours later I'll have some eggs (2-3), a cup or so of greens, a can or sardines (if I didn't eat one earlier), a cup of broth, and some kimchi. For dessert I'll have some homemade sugarfree ice cream and/or shredded coconut mixed in coconut oil. I know it sounds like a lot of food, but I'm trying to build some muscle.

On rest days I eat more in line with Primal guidlines (much lower carb). I probably eat a pound or two of meat/fish, a huge salad and some type of veggie. On rest and workout days I usually eat 2 meals within an 8 hour window.
    How big are you?

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Normally, I have two eggs and three strips of bacon for breakfast. To switch things up today, I had a primal smoothie: 3/4 cup coconut milk, 1 cup almond milk, 1 egg, 1/2 cup frozen spinach, 1/2 small banana, 1/2 cup frozen berries, 1 tbsp almond butter. It looked absolutely disgusting, but was actually pretty tasty

I'm going to see how long this keeps me full for. I'll let you know what I end up having for lunch, and when I get around to having it, later.

The plan today is to make a ground beef/ground pork/mushroom meatloaf for supper which I'll have with a small sweet potato, and maybe some more spinach since I thawed out a block that I need to use up.
    Last edited by belinda; 06-04-2011 at 07:42 AM. Reason: forgot the 1/2 banana!
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Here is my normal macronutrient breakdown. 20% carbs/15-20% protein/60-65% fat

I log a lot of my daily menus on Nutricalc Plus for school.

Breakfast : Smoothie - 1 cup of coconut milk, 1/2 cup of berries, 1/2 banana, 2 cups of spinach. Or I will have 3 eggs fried in grass fed butter with ground lamb or bacon.

Lunch : Salad with sardines/avocado/EVOO dressing and raw cheese. Sometimes I will swap the sardines with salmon or chicken breast no skin. (I avoid the skin because chicken is a lot higher in n6)

Dinner : Grass fed steak with saurkraut, salsa, steamed veggies. If not a grass fed steak I will normally have grass fed lamb.

Snack : Handful of macadamia nuts or a serving of 85% dark chocolate.

If I have a basketball game or if I am going to do some strenous exercise then I may have 1/2 of a sweet potatoe or a little bit of white rice. But other than that my normal carb range with only fruits/veggies come out around 100-125g per day.

Once a week I will make a bone broth either out of beef knuckle or chicken bones. I will add organ meat to my bone broth as I have a hard time eating them all by themselves. And I will drink a cup of bone broth a day usually in the morning after breakfast or with it.
    I'm more interested in portions, but that sounds quite complicating. I assume you are just spouting an average day off the top of your head right? Or do you stick to that every day?

So when you say steak, 10 oz steak? 16 oz?

How much vegetation between the salad and the sides with your steak?

How much sardines/meat with your salad?

All these questions are for my own purposes...just trying to see where I stack.

I look at metabolism being the most efficient probably wins unless the system has such a great piece that requires extra fuel (enormous guns, glucose-chugging brains, etc). I feel that those who are fat in modern society might have superior systems if placed in a natural setting. They use energy more efficiently possibly (this is just a theory). Another correlation I make is to alcohol. People brag about how much alcohol they can drink and not pass out. My interpretation is that the healthier you are, the less you should have to drink to feel the same effect. You absorb it more efficiently and quickly. This is again a theory. It could also be that alcohol is simply a poison to the system, so he who conquers the most poison and still stands has the stronger body.

I am a mesomorph if I was to decide between the 3 choices, and I use a TON of energy. I always have ate a lot, grains or not.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 06-04-2011 at 07:49 AM.

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    How big are you?
    5'11", ~167lbs. I've been eating the same way for the around the past 6 months. I started the year at 161, so I've gained about a pound a month, but have been at a plateau over the past month or so.

I would fit in the ectomorph category if I had to be placed. Before I started weight training 3 years ago, I weighed about 140 pounds. I've always been pretty lean. I think I've done a pretty good job of adding a nice amount of muscle while keeping bodyfat low. I think I'm around 10% bodyfat, possibly a little lower.
    Last edited by yodiewan; 06-04-2011 at 08:18 AM.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    I'm more interested in portions, but that sounds quite complicating. I assume you are just spouting an average day off the top of your head right? Or do you stick to that every day?

So when you say steak, 10 oz steak? 16 oz?

How much vegetation between the salad and the sides with your steak?

How much sardines/meat with your salad?

All these questions are for my own purposes...just trying to see where I stack.

I look at metabolism being the most efficient probably wins unless the system has such a great piece that requires extra fuel (enormous guns, glucose-chugging brains, etc). I feel that those who are fat in modern society might have superior systems if placed in a natural setting. They use energy more efficiently possibly (this is just a theory). Another correlation I make is to alcohol. People brag about how much alcohol they can drink and not pass out. My interpretation is that the healthier you are, the less you should have to drink to feel the same effect. You absorb it more efficiently and quickly. This is again a theory. It could also be that alcohol is simply a poison to the system, so he who conquers the most poison and still stands has the stronger body.

I am a mesomorph if I was to decide between the 3 choices, and I use a TON of energy. I always have ate a lot, grains or not.
    For steak I usually have between 8-12 ounces depending on the cut.
    Normally my salads have 2 cups of greens in them but sometimes I do almost 3 cups. I normally add 1/2 an avocado and maybe an ounce of raw cheese.
    When I eat sardines I have the whole can at once.
    That menu was at the top of my head but its a pretty normal menu for me. I eat red meat (beef/lamb) for most dinners if I am not having fish (salmon/tilapia). For most lunches I will have a salad with either chicken breast/sardines or salmon.
    And for breakfast I either have a primal smoothie or eggs and bacon.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Zed
    Zed is offline Senior Member
    I only eat two meals per day (and IF for 16-18 hours).

Late breakfast: 10-12 ounce of baked sweet potatoes (orange, Korean, Dominican, or some other variety) (mashed with butter and cinnamon), two strips of bacon, two fried eggs, and 8-14 ounces of a fatty cut of meat (grassfed lamb arm/blade chops, 85/15 100% grassfed ground beef, etc).

Late Lunch: Steamed non-starchy veggies (with some starchy root vegetable like carrot, parsnips, celeriac, etc) with 10-12 ounces of meat (pork chops, ground beef meatloaf, steak, etc),

The ounces of meat are just rough estimates (sometimes I have more, sometimes less)

Snack: Since the fruits I love are in season now, I am taking advantage of them (organic strawberries, peaches, apricots, bananas, etc),

Overall, my average ratios are 20% carbs, 55% fat, and 25% protein. Sometimes I have less carbs, and more fat, sometimes less carbs and more protein, etc.

Smith Holton is offline Junior Member
    Mr. Rental in Aurora, IL hes on lake st. but sorry dont have the number and he dosent require a credit card

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast