Thread: Need help with diet for adrenal fatigue page

mloughry is offline Junior Member

Need help with diet for adrenal fatigue

Primal Fuel
    Hello all!
    I have severe issues with adrenal fatigue and have been trying to find the right diet to help with that. I am already on a diet to address years of major IBS and have finally found the right diet to keep it under control. My problem is when I go completely no sugar, I cannot maintain my weight and I am already underweight. I am just doing small amounts of sugar, just a few fruits, organic dark chocolate square and some low sugar coconut milk frozen dessert. I now know that chocolate is very bad for adrenal fatigue, but I feel like I need some sort of "indulgence" to keep from falling off the wagon. Suggestions? I don't eat any grains and my 3 yr old daughter is highly allergic to most of the tree nuts so I can't keep them in the house so that eliminates a lot of "raw" treats. Also, if anyone can direct me to some great resources for treating adrenal fatigue, I'm not having much luck so far.

Shamra Byrne Guest
    Salt can help people suffering from adrenal fatigue. Make sure that you buy a good, high-quality sea salt though as regular table salt can cause a host of other problems in itself. Try to combine healthy fats, a little bit of protein, and a bit of carbohydrates at every meal. When you have adrenal fatigue it is not a good idea to try a ketogenic diet because this just stresses your body further and puts more stress on the adrenals. Other than that, though, if you are currently eating a modern diet, switching to eating primally or the way I recommend in my blog is the best thing you can do for your recovery in terms of diet.

Because adrenal fatigue worsens with stress, I would also suggest that you make some changes outside of diet. Try deep breathing techniques or meditation to manage your stress and try to get about 10-15 minutes of direct sun exposure every day as this will help brighten your mood and alleviate stress.