Thread: Oily Skin page

Sveninarxao is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

Sorry. Realized I posted it to the wrong forum...

Damn genetics and the teenage years. I've had acne for a long time, and its always been 'moderate'. Never too bad, just annoying. It fluctuates on and off, but it's never really fixed itself. And it's beginning to really bother me. I really want to try and fix my problem, but I'm not really sure how to tackle it.

My diet is fairly primal-esque. I don't get a lot of grass-fed meat, but I stay low-carb mostly. I eat a lot of vegetables and fruit, and will have a lot of fermented dairy. I supplement with a simple multivitamin and some fish oil. I eat too much nuts though and I'm wondering if the high Omega 6 content of my diet could contribute to my skin?

I exercise a fair amount, and I try to get sunlight in these waning months. Thinking of supplementing with Vitamin D though. I wash my face twice a day with Dr. Bronner's soap, and I've recently started using Sweet Almond Oil as a moisturizer. My skin still feels real oily though, and my acne has been acting up a lot recently. Hair is real oily too if that means anything? Is the Dr. Bronner's too oily for my oily skin? Should I try exfoliating or new skin products? What should I do?

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member

You don't find that Dr. Bronner's is slightly drying? I've been having problems with my oily skin as well, and although I switched back to Proactiv for a little while, I really don't want to get back into that cycle.. (really dries out the skin, which can only be compensated by more lotion..no good.) I had a sample of Burt's Bees facial cleanser which was really refreshing and didn't leave my face tight or dry, you might want to try that? I also ordered another "natural" gel cleanser (they say those are better for oily types,) so I'll give you a heads up if that works for me... I eat a lot of nuts too, but I doubt the O-6 in them is causing a flare-up, especially since you're balancing it with O-3..

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

One word: organic apple cider vinegar.

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>