Thread: Blackstrap mollasses page

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

Blackstrap mollasses

Shop Now
    This doctor my mom has been seeing recommended her to get some of it. Supposedly for the iron content.

What do you think of it?

I had never heard of it before until today. I already bought some.
    ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>
    ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>

AnneArchy is offline Senior Member
    I use it for cramps, but I think you're a dude. Lots more about it on earthclinic.com - Molasses Cures

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    What little I know about it leads me to believe that any health benefits it might have can be found more effectively in other sources. For iron, you can't beat liver. Still, if you're going to use a sweetener, it seems like a decent choice.

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    It's a byproduct of sugar production, no? I think you'd do better with organ meats and dark leafy greens.

I know my grandpa used it as a supplement for some of his livestock. That was more because it was cheap, though.

Shamra Byrne Guest
    Blackstrap molasses contains an abundance of beneficial minerals and is therefore a very good sweetener if you are going to use one. Iron is one of the most abundant minerals in blackstrap molasses and can help boost energy stores because of its role in hemoglobin and helping to transport oxygen. Like AnneArchy said, it is especially beneficial for menstruating women because they lose a lot of iron while on their period and are sometimes at risk for an iron deficiency.

Although just 2 tsps of blackstrap molasses provides 13% the RDA for iron, be careful about overconsuming it if you are eating primally. Like any carbohydrate, it can spike blood sugar and generate an insulin response.

Nicator is offline Senior Member
    The only sweeteners in my kitchen are organic blackstrap molasses, and raw honey.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Sounds good!!
    ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>
    ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>

wiltondeportes Guest
    What tastes better, honey or blackstrap molasses?

SugarBaby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyEater View Post
    It's a byproduct of sugar production, no? I think you'd do better with organ meats and dark leafy greens.

I know my grandpa used it as a supplement for some of his livestock. That was more because it was cheap, though.
    It is a major ingredient in livestock foods. I used to love the taste of it, especially in gingerbread, but it is sugar.
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)