Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Angel_102 page

Angel_102 is offline Member

Post Primal Journal - Angel_102

Shop Now
    So. I thought I'd start by explaining why I'm here on this site, and my goals. A friend introduced me to PB a couple of months ago. He'd lost a lot of weight following the eating plan, and said he'd never felt better. I skimmed this website and dismissed it - give up bread and pasta?! Never!! And anyway, having tried Atkins I have a deep distrust of high protein diets (in my opinion any diet where veggies are restricted cannot be good for you). Besides, my favourite food in the world is hot buttered toast....

And then...

Well. I came to to the conclusion my eating wasn't doing me good. Was getting almost constant indigestion, despite following a low calorie, low fat, non-spicy, alcohol free diet. Managed through a process of elimination to discover the culprit was bread / wheat - which as I was eating it most meals explained an awful lot! And so I came back to PB and read it again properly. Not Atkins then. In fact, a pretty sensible way of eating when it comes down to it. So I decided to give it a go.

I started eating Primal 2 weeks ago and have been amazed at how easy it has been to give up grains and just stick to proteins, fats and fruit/vegetables. I cook anyway, so most of the time it's not been a huge change from my usual meals - just with some substitutions. Like meatballs in a tomato sauce served with a side of spinach rather than on pasta. I feel good and I haven't had indigestion since I quit the carbs!

My friend is ecstatic he's managed to convert me and keeps sending me tips and recipes for things he likes, which helps. Nice to know others are going through the same journey (which I guess is why I'm writing this and communicating with y'all )

My goals are
    - to feel healthy
    - to look healthy
    and to do those things I need to lose some weight. Currently at 13st8, and I want to be down to 9st. I could drop to 8st and still be within a healthy BMI range, but I know I'm comfortable at 9st. So a long way to go. But every step in the right direction is a good thing, and I lost 4lbs in the first week eating this way, so I'm sure I'll get there.

Anyway, that's me. Thanks for reading x

Friday 3rd June

Food
    B - Scrambled eggs, smoked salmon
    L - banana, blueberry, yoghurt and milk smoothie
    S - pistachio nuts
    D - smoked salmon, 1/2 avocado, cheese triangle, cucumber
    - no-pasta bake - minced beef in a tomato sauce layered with aubergine and mozzarella cheese (like a lasagne without the pasta - was yummy!)
    S - 2 squares dark chocolate
    plus 3 glasses prosecco, plenty of water, decaf tea

Exercise
    About 10 minutes on the rebounder

How did I feel
    Felt quite hungry today for the first time and roamed the cupboard looking for something else to eat this evening. Looked at all the biscuits, etc still there (haven't thrown everything out yet) but didn't actually want them enough to eat them. Other than that am feeling good. Not sure if my diet is slightly too weighted towards vegetables at present and needs more of a protein / fats focus. That may have been my problem this evening - dinner wasn't satisfying enough.
    Last edited by Angel_102; 06-03-2011 at 02:58 PM.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! You're off to a pretty good start.
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Saturday 4th June

Food
    B - Scrambled eggs, butter
    L - beef, pork and egg with salad, decaf cappuccino
    S - banana chips dipped in almond butter
    D - Chicken drumsticks in thai curry sauce (coconut oil, coconut milk, red curry paste), with salad leaves dressed with EVOO
    Raspberries and clotted cream

plus the rest of the bottle of prosecco, plenty of water, decaf tea

Exercise
    None apart from shopping and gardening!!
    Some stretching. nothing energetic although feeling quite bouncy (think I've eaten too much fat today - way more energy than usual!)

How did I feel
    Fine, but busy today so food has been a bit hit and miss depending on what I could get during the day. Have been shopping now so all good for tonight and tomorrow And have lots of berries and greek yoghurt to make smoothies next week for breakfast - will be a nice change from eggs.

Also, feeling slightly smug... went away last weekend with my mother and over the 4 days she says she put on 6lbs with all the food eaten. I put in 1/2lb in the same time. I certainly ate less than her, but I still ate 3 big meals each day plus snacks and coffees, etc so definitely didn't feel deprived. Glad to see evidence this eating plan (I refuse to say diet - it isn't short-term) is working for me!

Will weigh again tomorrow (trying to keep to only twice a week)
    Last edited by Angel_102; 06-04-2011 at 01:25 PM.

Thanks for the encouragement Belinda
    Last edited by Angel_102; 06-04-2011 at 01:27 PM.

Sunday morning - weight check
    Started 13st12
    Last 13st8
    Current 13st8

No weight loss this week, but no weight gain either. Still settling down into this eating plan and working out what I need rather than just eating, and eating too much. Another week and I'll start IFs as well and see if that works for me.

Sunday 5th June

Food
    B - Smoothie (banana, coconut milk, blueberries, greek yoghurt)
    L - cooked breakfast - bacon, eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes
    S - chicken drumstick
    D - Meatza (my first attempt!), salad leaves and cucumber with 1 tsp pizza express dressing

plus water, decaf tea

Exercise
    Walked 2 miles

How did I feel
    Ok. Nothing exciting to report today Felt totally uninspired for dinner, then remembered yesterday's post about a meat-based pizza. Gave it a go and was pleasantly surprised. Minced beef, onion, garlic, herbs and an egg yolk base, then topping of tomato sauce (tin of toms cooked down), yellow pepper, mushrooms, olives and feta cheese. Even better - there's enough left for lunch tomorrow!!!
    Starting Date: 21st May 2011
    Starting Weight: 194lbs
    Current Weight: 178lbs
    Goal Weight: 126lbs

Monday 6th June

Food
    B - scrambled eggs (2 eggs, cream, butter), 3 rashers streaky bacon
    L - rest of meatza, lots of asparagus in a little butter
    S - nuts, dried dates
    D - venison stew (venison, red wine, tinned toms, leek, yellow pepper, celery) with green beans in butter
    raspberries, 1/2 a banana and cream

plus water, decaf tea, glass red wine

Exercise
    None

How did I feel
    Busy with work today so didn't get time (or inclination) to exercise. Dinner was a bit bleak too - am almost completely out of veggies! My organic veg box arrives tomorrow so it wasn't worth buying more for dinner tonight. Feel like I've eaten too much butter today. Need to get into the habit of using olive oil instead. I think I'm eating too much dairy at times, but then I don't drink glasses of milk so am really only talking about maybe 1 cup of milk a day in tea, plus a bit of butter.

Going out for lunch tomorrow with a work colleague which I'm a bit worried about. Finding something that isn't bread based can often be a challenge. Hopefully there will at least be a salad on the menu I can eat. I don't like to make a fuss and I don't really want others to know I'm eating differently to CW. Maybe once I've been doing it for longer and can really see the benefits. Last time I tried to eat lunch out at a Costa (admittedly at a motorway service station) there wasn't a single item to eat that was gluten free - it was all sandwiches or pasta salads. Arghhh! Ended up buying a ridiculously overpriced sandwich and eating the filling out of it. Not the most balanced meal!

Tuesday 7th June

Food
    B - smoothie (berries, 1/2 banana, coconut milk, bit of greek yoghurt, honey)
    L - prawn and smoked salmon salad
    S - pack of cocktail sausages

plus water, decaf tea, coffee, soda and lime

Exercise
    None

How did I feel
    Had a fairly light food day today so I thought I'd continue and try and IF tonight and tomorrow morning. Although currently 6.30pm and my stomach is rumbling, so it may not happen

Been out all day and tired and headache-y now so not going to go out for my planned walk. Will make sure I head out tomorrow.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Good stuff Angel. When is your next weigh in?
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast