Thread: Stomach pains after IF? page

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Hi,

Yesterday I did a 21-ish hour IF. Felt fine throughout, hungry towards the end but happy enough.

Broke the fast with a normal sized meal of pork chop, onion+butter, cabbage. A couple of hours later was hungry again so had 3 scrambled eggs with butter. During the IF I only drank water and a cup of black coffee.

Waking up this morning, I've had stomach ache all day. I didn't have breakfast to see if it would ease (it didn't) so I've nibbled some food to see if it's a "hungry"ache. No effect. It's now 3pm, has been achey since 8am.

It feels very full and bloated - as if I've loaded up on bread almost! No other symptoms beyond feeling like a balloon... any thoughts? Are there known issues with breaking a fast?

Thanks

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

Never experienced anything like that before. The only "issue" I had with breaking the fast was being slightly light-headed and then sleepy afterward - things that should be expected. At 6 today I'll be breaking a 20+ hour fast, so I'll see if anything happens.

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

....still achey and bloated, very odd.

Have had the munchies today though too, which no doubt hasn&#39;t helped.

Think I&#39;ll try again next weekend and see if it recurs :/

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

I&#39;ve been fasting for about 20 hours and just had some green tea with ginger and cloves... I got so lightheaded and sleepy!!! I guess my body thought I just had dinner, and instinctively became asleep, as was to be expected. I&#39;m going to avoid having tea so late during a fast in the future.

Definitely give fasting another try.

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

I certainly will do

The fast itself was fine.

Maybe it&#39;s just a coincidence... I&#39;m trying to think if anyone at work has a bug, the usual suspects etc

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member

Northern Monkey, Im not sure if you have read any of my posts in the fasting related threads, but take a look. Basically fasting can be a really good thing, or a really bad thing if your body is not healthy enough for it. These pains could be a response to the toxins released with the breakdown of fat for fuel...

Might want to look into it, unless it was just a rare occurrence...

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

Thanks AS, I will try to find the threads (did a forum search but it was playing silly b*ggers again).

Interestingly, was bloated but not achey this morning and all day....until I ate veggies (??!!). After breakfast (herring) and lunch (chicken leg) I felt fine. Post veggies - back to aching within 5 minutes.

What kind of toxins*?

If it were a short-term discomfort to clear out all the junk, I&#39;d put up with it. If it were potentially more harmful then not so keen...!

*(I dread to think, I&#39;ve lived in inner cities nearly all my life, taken pills and potions, worked in hospitals, worked with pesticides...!)

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member

PrimalCon New York

Well for instance any of the pesticides in the environment and the foods you eat are definite possibilities...

I remember Paul Chek mentioning organochlorines...

The good thing is that we are equipped to deal with these things in a normal healthy body, so first step, get healthy. Then you can start IF more safely..

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com