Thread: Itchy! page

Clymb is offline Senior Member

Itchy!

Primal Fuel
    So the last six or so months I have been crazy itchy--I've developed dry, itchy scalp, and many times my legs itch as well. Not sure why--I eat lots of good fats, put coconut oil on my skin, stay hydrated, take fish oil...any nutrition-related (or otherwise) solutions to this?? It's driving me crazy, especially the scalp. Anyone know why it happened in the first place?

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I wish I could help ya on this one Clymb. I was really itch for about 2-3 weeks and now itchy on and off. Found out after a bit of research and talking to a few people here that my itchy skin, head, back, stomach and chest was from fat toxins expelling from my body. My dry skin has gone. Now, maybe the coconut oil could be drying your skin out or you could have a slight reaction to it. I shower in cool water and that has helped with my dry skin.
    Georgette

nocturnalmama is offline Senior Member
    I use grapeseed oil on my skin - it is truly amazing what the daily routine of oiling my skin has done for my eczema and itchiness. I never found that cocoa butter, coconut oil or palm oil worked for me.
    Robin
    ~primal mama to 3~

Bishop is offline Senior Member
    How long have you been taking that particular fish oil? If you started recently or switched brands, that could also be a culprit.

SlimIcy is offline Senior Member
    Keep in mind it could be environmental instead of dietary. I had my first flare up of eczema since going primal, couldn't figure out why, then realized the body wash my gf bought me had tons more weird chemicals in it than my normal bar of soap. After switching back to plain soap the flare up is going away...

Clymb is offline Senior Member
    Ok thanks guys...I had wondered about the shower thing. I'll have to try some different oils. And the itching started before the fish oil so I don't think that's it.

ELCO14 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I notice if I take too hot of shower my scalp is fried. Keep the shower water at a nice semi-cool temp too.

Except for shaving- that shit sucks doing with cold water.
    Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"